Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    That's d*****ately part of the problem for me too....I want to get some more "crap" out of it. More space in the safe means more space for more guns!
    Why do you put ammo in the safe?

I have a home made shelving unit that 50 cal boxes fit in. Most of my ammo is in sealed containers. Some cal. have more than one. I've stored my ammo like this for over a decade without issue. My gun room is on the second floor, climate controlled & dry.
    I do like the locker idea, wish I had more space.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Why do you put ammo in the safe?
    I keep my fancy dance semi-expensive hollow points in their since the safe is temp and humidity controlled. Guess it just makes me feel better. It really doesn't take up too much space but I'd like that space back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    I keep my fancy dance semi-expensive hollow points in their since the safe is temp and humidity controlled. Guess it just makes me feel better. It really doesn't take up too much space but I'd like that space back.
    I keep my MK262 ammo on my garage floor.

I am a Forum User
    I use some older Pelican cases that the foam was missing and were in pretty rough shape externally.

They are ir tight and transportable if needed.

I am a Forum User
    Has anyone ever had ammo stored on shelfs in there basement that didn't go bang?

MGO Member Forum User
    well, welcome to 2019. Has any one tried lateral five drawer file cabinets. I use them in my garage to hold my biggest tools. chainsaws, air tools and tools kits. they hold lots of weight. I bet if you use them inside for ammo it will hold, lock up and look good in the home.

I am a Forum User

Cheap ammo storage cabinet ideas?

I’ve been using large plastic laundry detergent cans. They fit a lot of ammo boxes, are stackable, the lids seal well, and the handles make carrying easy.

scoop up a nice steel shelf on fb marketplace or craigslist

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then depending on humidity and all that put stuff in ammo cans, or just factory sealed if you are going to use it in a year or two.

I myself use amo cans for everthing, even storing my factory new galil and steyr FAL mags. I must have 20-25 ammo cans.

MSU Salvage in Lansing has been a great place to score inexpensive desks, steel cabinets, etc., in the past.
    I picked up a Steelcase desk for $60.

Also, check some of the used office supply centers for steel cabinets.

I scored $1500 worth of like-new office shelving and cabinets for $200 from a storage unit salvage.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast