Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

lost combination

We had a death in our family, my brother. He had two Cobalt brand safes that we dont have the combination too. Anyone have suggestions ? or know of a lock smith that wont charge a arm and a leg? there are two safes. We are in the Ann Arbor area.

Thanks.
    Mike

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shootermike View Post
    We had a death in our family, my brother. He had two Cobalt brand safes that we dont have the combination too. Anyone have suggestions ? or know of a lock smith that wont charge a arm and a leg? there are two safes. We are in the Ann Arbor area.

Thanks.
    Mike
    Sorry for your lose.

Check with the manufacturer . They should be able to match the serial number to a combo.

Cobalt safe Link

Contact Us
    Toll Free: 888-535-2545

I am a Forum User
    Thank you for the replies. I was told the Cobalt safe co. was out of business? I will call tomorrow.

MGO Member
    Are the dials mechanical or electric? If they are mechanical, it is very possible to manipulate them open. A decent locksmith should be able to do it, although typically they prefer to drill them to save time. Also, there are lock forums with hobbyists that can do it as well. If you found someone nearby they might be happy to do it for free!

Any decent safe is going to have a lock that the owner would change the combination to, so it is unlikely the manufacturer would have the combination.
    Last edited by pmcombs; 11-15-2016 at 10:57 PM.

I am a Forum User
    They are mechanical, and quotes from locksmiths are crazy high. Still stumped.

Do you have AAA insurance - it may be covered on there lock out policy!

or try the lock manufacture - possible they could help.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Master Safecracker 770-436-0302 Gun Safe, Fire Safe, Antique Safe ...
    www.protectionlock.com/

Protection Lock offers bank vault opening, safe opening, safecracking, ATM opening, Gun safe opening, Antiqe safe opening, DOD/GSA safe opening and bank ...
    Missing: ypsilanti ‎mi
    safe cracker
    www.thesteveslocksmith.com/safe%20cracker.html

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shootermike View Post
    They are mechanical, and quotes from locksmiths are crazy high. Still stumped.
    Do you know what brand the locks are? They should say S&G or possibly LaGard on the dials. My guess is that they are S&G 6730s, which are the basic combination locks and are the easiest to manipulate.

Any chance you are interested in learning manipulation yourself? It might be a fun project to work on with a son or nephew. If you are interested PM me and I can help you find some information on how to learn.

I am a Forum User
    I want to give a huge recommendation to Steve's Locksmith services. He did a great job, and was quite a bit cheaper than the other quotes. He stayed until we all understood the new combinations and knew how to work the dials. Prompt, and good service at a good price, what more could you ask for. His link is in the above replies. I want to thank everyone that offered help too

Mike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast