Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Mounting Holsters Safely in Vehicles

I want to get input from forum members on what you consider a safe mounting solution for securing a holster inside your vehicle. The mounting options I have seen are Screws, Velcro, and Straps.
    Have any of you have used Velcro or Straps to mount to the console or under the steering column? I’m in Texas where it gets very hot in my truck so I’m afraid the Velcro will not work, and I have only seen the Strap solution for under the steering column, buy I’m not sure how secure that would be.
    Personally I prefer the Screw option for safety, but I would like to hear back about what you think and have used.

Thanks,
    Jerry
    Manager
    Texas Custom Holsters
    Name:  holsterad.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  14.0 KB

http://bymysideholster.com/

Cool product. Made in Michigan

Nothing that anybody can tell you is going to be very helpful. This is the type of thing that really needs to be application specific.

Velcro has plenty of strength as a fastener, but most of the time you need some kind of adhesive to attach it, and with the heat, that is your failure point. Velcro would not be good for anything over just a couple of ounces.

After that, where do you want to attach it, and what is there to attach to?

Do you care if there will be holes in the trim after you remove the holster?

Is the holster to be "permanently" attached, or removed with the pistol when you take it from the vehicle?

Too many variables.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Ive used 3m automotive double sided tape to mount a kydex holster under my steering wheel holding a G26. Heat never affected it, however it doesnt get 115 here, and when I decided to remove it there was no residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Remora Friction holster between the seat & console.... sticks in tight on my Jeep Liberty & on the wife's Impala. Since my Jeep has Neosupreme fabric seat covers, it seems to lock in place. It does not move when I trail ride.

It's almost invisible when you are in the vehicle - it's tucked down there nice and tight. While trail riding is a good indicator, I've not been in an accident though. Sure seems tight. Under such duress though I can't be absolutely sure it would stay in place. My EDC does have a safety so I am not overtly worried if it comes out, an accident that bad, w/air bags and such, it's not my top concern.

Duct tape it, no holster needed.

I am a Forum User
    Old thread but seen these for those that use AlienGear stuff.

http://aliengearholsters.com/gear.html
    Options to mount their holsters pretty much anywhere.

MGO Member
    " By My Side " worked well for me.

I am a Forum User
    I just bought and mounted one of these a few weeks ago. Love the ability to use the holster and just leave the bracket there so people are none the wiser about it.

http://aliengearholsters.com/cloak-d...ter-mount.html

I used your guys' vehicle mount holster on a previous vehicle. It's a great design and product but I liked the Alien Gear's flexibility for use as well as it's price point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast