Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've seen the "By My Side" guys at shows in Michigan. Funny that two booths down some other guys were suggesting the By My Side idea was nice but expensive. They were demonstrating a simple magnet that is (smartly/sensibly) mounted to a surface inside your car. The cost was significantly less and equally effective.

Is there really a need for a "car holster" to hold a gun with multiple safeties? Something like this seems effective to me..........can't upload pics!?......so here's a link....

http://keeper.mg

About $25 on Amazon. There are other similar and less expensive magnets.

*EDIT* Just realized I raised the dead, perpetuating the OP's sales pitch.
    Last edited by Slossar1004; 10-07-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    I just installed a 35lb rare earth magnet using 3M trim tape. My pistol rests securely at my knee in my Suburban now.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    I just installed a 35lb rare earth magnet using 3M trim tape. My pistol rests securely at my knee in my Suburban now.
    You'll magnetize your pistol! The bullets won't come out!!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Yes in fact I believe that the magnetic field actually causes the rounds to slingshot back around the barrel of the gun.

Did you glue felt, or some other material, to the magnet to protect the finish of the firearm?

How secure is the hold? To do it again, would you use a stronger magnet (70#, 90#)?
    Last edited by RifleGuy; 10-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Did you glue felt, or some other material, to the magnet to protect the finish of the firearm?

How secure is the hold? To do it again, would you use a stronger magnet (70#, 90#)?
    The magnet is plastic coated so the finish is not an issue. Received from my buddy as a birthday present.

No need for anything stronger in fact a lighter one would work if need be. The magnet sticks out enough to let you get a full grip on the pistol as you pull it.

Here are a couple pics of a BUG while in wait to get my P2000 back. Need to clean up the coffee spill.

IMG_2743.jpg IMG_2742.jpg
    Last edited by Shyster; 10-07-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

The magnet is plastic coated so the finish is not an issue. Received from my buddy as a birthday present.

No need for anything stronger in fact a lighter one would work if need be. The magnet sticks out enough to let you get a full grip on the pistol as you pull it.

Here are a couple pics of a BUG while in wait to get my P2000 back. Need to clean up the coffee spill.

IMG_2743.jpg IMG_2742.jpg
    Thanks!

Coffee or soda?
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Thanks!

Coffee or soda?
    Black coffee of course!

I am a Forum User
    Shyster- Suggestion; the inside of your Chevy can get as hot as 140F in the summer, some of those 3M tapes won't hold so well in high-heat, check the rating on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Shyster- Suggestion; the inside of your Chevy can get as hot as 140F in the summer, some of those 3M tapes won't hold so well in high-heat, check the rating on the box.
    By next summer my soon-to-be 16 y.o. daughter will be scaring the living hell out of people with my Suburban but I plan on screwing it down in my next truck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast