Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Found Great OWB CCW Holster Solution For Full-Size Pistol

Although not often, I sometimes choose to CCW one of my full-size pistols, outside of my regular daily (Glock 19, Kahr K9, Shield .45, etc.) rotation. As we know, it can be a challenge to find a good holster that will conceal a large gun properly and comfortably. I believe I have found the ideal (for me) solution for CCW of my full-size M&P!

This is a Blade-Tech Total Eclipse Holster. It is primarily for OWB, although it comes with hardware that can convert it to IWB. Although this one is for a FS M&P, it is available for many popular handguns. It comes standard configured for straight drop (no cant). It also comes with hardware that will convert it to a forward 15 degree FBI cant. This is how I prefer to carry, so the photos show it with the FBI cant hardware installed. My favored carry position is OWB at 2:30-3:00.

I am really pleased with how this holster performs. It carries the gun tight to the body, and with the forward cant there is virtually no printing. The gun fits in the holster securely with that satisfying "click". There is an adjustment screw to adjust the retention as desired.

So if you are looking for a good OWB CCW Holster solution for a large-framed gun, you might want to check this one out.

I also have been using a Galco Concealable for my FS M&P which works OK, but I find that the Blade-Tech actually conceals better, and pulls the gun tighter to the body than does the Galco. The Galco has a more aggressive forward cant.

Looks nice.
    Based on your description, this is strictly passive retention, correct?

I'm going to look into these.

Thanks.

I have one for my VP9. It does do a pretty good job OWB, but the IWB hardware isn't so great. I use mine OWB quite a bit.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    hard to go wrong with blade-tech stuff.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Looks nice.
    Based on your description, this is strictly passive retention, correct?

I'm going to look into these.

Thanks.
    Yes. It is passive retention, however it holds the gun very securely, and you can adjust the retention screw.