Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I did a stupid and bought my first Geissele trigger

This isn't really a review since I haven't shot with it yet. It just came in the mail today. I ordered it from PSA during their black friday sale. Geissele SSA-E with a black magpul rear mbus for $190. I needed the mbus and I wanted a good trigger, so I couldn't pass that up.
    I've only had regular triggers. One in my M&P 15, a bunch in magpul LPKs, and one super crappy one from century that I stuffed in a build I was having problems with the upper and don't use. So my total trigger experience was previously, for the most part, decent single stage triggers.
    Anyway, it came in the mail today, and I grabbed a lower I had handy, ripped out the magpul fcg, and put in the geissele. I squeezed the 2.3lb trigger gently and it was very very smooth, until the wall, and then i startled myself with a clean easy 1.2lb break.
    I worked it for a few minutes to get the feel of it...
    Then I put back in the magpul trigger. I used to think it was a decent trigger...
    So now how do I justify a fcg with an msrp of more than half of what you can get a full rifle for these days?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I don't shoot AR's very much but I have a couple of Geissele triggers and I really like them! You don't need to "justify" them .... just go out and shoot them! Then the smiling begins!

I am a Forum User
    How do you justify having more than one rifle?

LOL

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    How do you justify having more than one rifle?

LOL
    Because...the safe isn't full yet?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    This isn't really a review since I haven't shot with it yet. It just came in the mail today. I ordered it from PSA during their black friday sale. Geissele SSA-E with a black magpul rear mbus for $190. I needed the mbus and I wanted a good trigger, so I couldn't pass that up.
    I've only had regular triggers. One in my M&P 15, a bunch in magpul LPKs, and one super crappy one from century that I stuffed in a build I was having problems with the upper and don't use. So my total trigger experience was previously, for the most part, decent single stage triggers.
    Anyway, it came in the mail today, and I grabbed a lower I had handy, ripped out the magpul fcg, and put in the geissele. I squeezed the 2.3lb trigger gently and it was very very smooth, until the wall, and then i startled myself with a clean easy 1.2lb break.
    Then I put back in the magpul trigger. I used to think it was a decent trigger...
    So now how do I justify a fcg with an msrp of more than half of what you can get a full rifle for these days?
    Well, buying over black friday weekend takes some of the sting out of it. In the last couple months, I've bought half a dozen for myself- two during a good sale at brownell's, with a discount code, and four on black friday direct from Geissele.

Just tell yourself "this is too good of a deal to pass up!!!

I've had an SSA and a DMR for 6 years. I recently decided to expand my AR collection and knew exactly what FCG would be going in the lowers. It's a no-brainer.

I am a Forum User
    I have a few Geissele triggers myself. I love every one but if you're feeling bad about putting a $200 trigger into a beater/truck gun then go with the ALG ACT. $65 shipped from primary arms most any day. $69 retail. Great trigger without the sting of the $. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Magpul makes triggers and LPK's?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    I see these and other high-end (to me) triggers and have been tempted but just haven't been able to justify the cost. I don't anticipate every trying to hit anything beyond 100 yards. Tell me your groups went from 3-minutes-of-bad-guy to one minute-of-bad-guy, and whether that bad guy will be deader than he would have been if you had bought a $50 parts kit and polished a couple of surfaces.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    I see these and other high-end (to me) triggers and have been tempted but just haven't been able to justify the cost. I don't anticipate every trying to hit anything beyond 100 yards. Tell me your groups went from 3-minutes-of-bad-guy to one minute-of-bad-guy, and whether that bad guy will be deader than he would have been if you had bought a $50 parts kit and polished a couple of surfaces.
    What does logic have to do with it? And besides, I got a cool hat that says Geiselle on it!

It doesn't matter that I almost never shot my AR's or wear baseball caps!

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pond Scum View Post
    What does logic have to do with it? And besides, I got a cool hat that says Geiselle on it!

It doesn't matter that I almost never shot my AR's or wear baseball caps!
    Touche
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast