Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    I put a weaver 1.5X6X24 super slam euro-stlye it has the illuminated german #4 reticle on my AR 450 cal.bushmaster.Great optics for $$ spent.Natchez was closing them out last year for $329 reg price was $663.

I am a Forum User
    I put a Nikon Slugmaster on my AR 450. Use them on my 1187 and 1100 slug guns. Never a problem, excellent scope. Great eye relief 4"+. Even though I don't feel the 450 kicks that much. Like a 20ga to me. I've shot 50 rounds from a bench in an hour and would of kept shooting if I hadn't run out of ammo

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger View Post
    Lets hear everyones $.02 on a scope and rings for a Ruger American 450 bushmaster.

Just picked mine up last weekend.

Post, opinionate and flame away.
    I have a Nikon Slug Hunter 3x9 on my Bushmaster and it takes the pounding of many shots down range.

I am a Forum User
    Some info I have learned about the 450BM to think about when purchasing an optic. The 450BM has a distinct recoil which is brutal on scopes. Of the many 450's I have sold I have had six customers blow up their scopes. Talked to some folks who have done testing and learned the high volume of fast burning pistol powder in the 450 produces a sharp 800g recoil impulse. To me the 450 "seems" not much more than a 308 but the .308 has only a 650g recoil. The .308 uses slow burning rifle powder so the recoil is a slower push than the sharp hit of the .450.

Any scope with a wire reticle won't last 20 rounds on the 450 so an etched reticle is mandatory. Also the erectors in the less expensive scopes will also fail in repeated shots with the 450. The 450 really needs a heavy duty shot gun or muzzle loader scope to survive very long. One of my customers put on a Primary Arms 1-6 which for all purposes is a great scope and I have hundreds of rounds through mine on a .308 with no issues. He put 50 rounds through his 450 then missed on an 8pt on his first day hunting. The erectors had locked up completely. Of course PA replaced the scope but they do not recommend them on the 450 now. I'm now recommending the Leupold super slam or ultra slam which is designed for heavy shotgun use. Interestingly enough the slug reticle works perfectly on the 450 out to 300. I'm sure the Leupold VX-R would also be a good choice.

Its hard to beat Leupold I just put a VX3i 3.5x10 with the CDS dial and a DNZ reaper one piece mount have had great success with this mount on my ML's . I have the 22" SS barrel on the R.A. 450 looking forward to dialing it in 100/200/300 yards.
    Make time to take a kid hunting

I am a Forum User
    Well I'll say it again. I have the Nikon Slughunter. Shot over 200 rounds this weekend and it's still zero'd in. Over 600 rounds thru it in the past 3 weeks and it just keeps ticking. I've had one on my 1187 Rem slug gun for over 8-10 yrs and have never had to re-zero. Broke 3 Leupolds on my 1100 Rem slug gun before I told them to just keep it. Broke another Leupold on a 300 mag 18 yrs ago and said then I'd never pay the prices they ask for them.

I am a Forum User
    Midway has the Burris 2-7x35 ballistic plex etched reticle, steel on steel adjustments, 50 BMG tested and 100 yd parallax. $135 shipped.

http://rt1-t.emails.midwayusa.com/r/...sale_automated

To me this is a lot of scope for the dollar and a good match to the 450 BM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrema312 View Post
    Midway has the Burris 2-7x35 ballistic plex etched reticle, steel on steel adjustments, 50 BMG tested and 100 yd parallax. $135 shipped.

http://rt1-t.emails.midwayusa.com/r/...sale_automated

To me this is a lot of scope for the dollar and a good match to the 450 BM.
    Thanks for the heads up! Just got mine in the mail. Will mount it up soon. I cant swallow the $ for a leupold on a gun I probably wont shoot a lot and paid under $500 for. Maybe my #1 should get a leupold...

Anywho, the more and more scopes ive purchased and used I like the lower power scopes best. 4-12's for .17hmr's, 3-9's and less for deer guns.

I am a Forum User
    Looking to put a Nikon monarch 1-4 on mine. Have the same on my 3006 great for targeting deer fast. Other than that the slug hunter would be a safe bet. Just going with the general consensus here is don't buy a dicks special and you should be fine

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger View Post
    I think this might be the specific one that randys recommended with the 450.
    The scope Randy uses is the Leupold VX2 3-9x40 CDS (custom dial system) Windplex.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast