Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

19.1 Bighorn Safe Costco

Anyone have any experience with this line of safes? The reviews are pretty good and while the price is a bit high right now, I've seen it marked at $200 off in the past and I've heard it usually goes on sale a few times a year.

https://www.costco.com/BIGHORN-Safe-....11642080.html

Unless anyone has any glaring objections or stories they've heard, I'm thinking it's a pretty solid deal if you can snag it on sale for $600.

Take a few minutes to watch this. Some good information.

Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member Forum User
    Waste of 600 + tax imo

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Given enough time & the right tools, nothing is truly "SAFE". All you can hope to do is slow the criminals down. Buy the best safe you can afford, get an alarm, & insurance. Biggest mistake folks make is to BRAG about what they have to the wrong people.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I'm aware of that much, I figure even if I dropped $2k on a safe, given a couple days undisturbed someone would find a way in eventually. My manner of thinking is more so if a criminal breaks in, my alarm siren goes off, police are en route (let's say 10 minutes average, I live in a pretty large town so there's always cops around), is a typical smash and grab crook digging through my place going to see this safe and think "Yeah, there's probably something good in there, I've got time to open it up" or "screw it, I'm grabbing the TV and getting out of here"?

MGO Member Forum User
    Most safes aren't "safes." They're classified by UL as Residential Security Containers. An actual safe, say in the size of the one at Costco, would weigh several thousand pounds and cost thousands of dollars. Even these safes are only rated for 15 or 30 minute pry/cut/torch attacks. Nothing more.

A determined thief is going to get into your safe. Period.

For what it is, protection against a smash and grab meth head, yes, that's a decent safe.

As the saying goes, "Locks (and safes) only keep out honest people."

The best weapons I have to defend my stuff are my motion-activated wireless cameras. I have one pointed at each safe, and if they detect motion, I get an instant ping on my cell phone. I call the cops, and since they're right around the corner, their response time is less than 5 minutes. That's what's going to keep my stuff safe - not the $2000 Liberty Safe in the basement. That's just a minor obstacle.

I think I would go with the Liberty Centurion safes at Gander Mntn.
    20% off with SAFE20 code.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    costco is anti gun

Quote Originally Posted by intheburbs View Post
    Most safes aren't "safes." They're classified by UL as Residential Security Containers. An actual safe, say in the size of the one at Costco, would weigh several thousand pounds and cost thousands of dollars. Even these safes are only rated for 15 or 30 minute pry/cut/torch attacks. Nothing more.

A determined thief is going to get into your safe. Period.

For what it is, protection against a smash and grab meth head, yes, that's a decent safe.

As the saying goes, "Locks (and safes) only keep out honest people."

The best weapons I have to defend my stuff are my motion-activated wireless cameras. I have one pointed at each safe, and if they detect motion, I get an instant ping on my cell phone. I call the cops, and since they're right around the corner, their response time is less than 5 minutes. That's what's going to keep my stuff safe - not the $2000 Liberty Safe in the basement. That's just a minor obstacle.

I like my motion activated camera but I prefer the alarm siren I have. Sends an alert to the police if I give the go ahead when the monitoring company calls me or if I just don't answer. That way not only do the police show up, but both the thief and my neighbors know something is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Take a few minutes to watch this. Some good information.

Thanks for the info. After watching it, I'm leaning more towards something like the Browning SP15. Still not the best out there but hopefully will slow down an attacker a bit more than a cheaper safe will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast