Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Thanks for the info. After watching it, I'm leaning more towards something like the Browning SP15. Still not the best out there but hopefully will slow down an attacker a bit more than a cheaper safe will.
    Wish I'd known all this before I bought my safe.
    But, I intend to upgrade soon, and the current unit will be excellent for storage of ammo, and guns with little value.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Go in the store, I bought a safe from Costco less than a week ago for $499

MGO Member Forum User
    Get a liberty I have seen one that someone spent a few hours trying to get in and never got it open. Recommend the Lincoln.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MGO Member Forum User
    Also liberty has a free device that send alerts to your phone if you door is open, movement is detected. You can also set up alerts for temp Hi/Lo and humidity level.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Liberty Lincoln is wayyyyyy out of my price range. I'd probably be looking at the Private 20.

I am a Forum User
    It's a decent safe for the money, IMO. I own one. Just make sure you bolt to floor and if possible, set in a corner with the door opening edge facing the wall to make using a pry bar of sort hard to use.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Given enough time & the right tools, nothing is truly "SAFE". All you can hope to do is slow the criminals down. Buy the best safe you can afford, get an alarm, & insurance. Biggest mistake folks make is to BRAG about what they have to the wrong people.
    I completely agree.

Rule number one for safe ownership, "Don't Talk about your safe."

No one should know that you have one, and if they do know you have one, they should not know what brand it is or where it is stored. Because like you said, you might talk to the "wrong people". But with how people talk, even telling a person that is trustworthy can end up with that person telling other people.

Word gets out if you put it out there.

But on the topic of the safe that you are choosing, just think about this. In security, you get what you pay for. If you are spending 600 dollars on a safe, how much protection are you really getting? How much more than $600 are you securing? If it is 10 times more, then you have an issue.

Protecting what you have really comes down to how set you are on keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArielSellers View Post
    I completely agree.

Rule number one for safe ownership, "Don't Talk about your safe."

No one should know that you have one, and if they do know you have one, they should not know what brand it is or where it is stored. Because like you said, you might talk to the "wrong people". But with how people talk, even telling a person that is trustworthy can end up with that person telling other people.

Word gets out if you put it out there.

But on the topic of the safe that you are choosing, just think about this. In security, you get what you pay for. If you are spending 600 dollars on a safe, how much protection are you really getting? How much more than $600 are you securing? If it is 10 times more, then you have an issue.

Protecting what you have really comes down to how set you are on keeping it.
    Who the heck is this guy? Welcome to the MGO forum.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Who the heck is this guy? Welcome to the MGO forum.
    Thank you!

Been lurking on the forum for a while.

I finally found a topic where I had something to say.

Looking forward to doing more of it.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Take a few minutes to watch this. Some good information.

Any idea what brand that safe is in the video? The better one that is lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12