Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    That was my last hope for an Hk. What didn't you like about it?
    Never been able to like any of the HK handguns. The only one I haven't tried is the HK45. Now their rifles... oh boy. Love my PTR-91, and I have an MP5 clone coming in. If you've never shot an MP5 before... well, you need to. They are an absolute blast.

Oh man I've had a lot of disappointments...

Biggest was my P229 Legion. Thing was a hunk of crap, finish wore within a week, definitely not worth the $1200 I paid for it.

Second was my first P232, my stainless one. Picked it up from Firing line, thing was as close to brand new as a used gun can get. Took it to the range, 25 rounds in the takedown lever broke (apparently a common problem which I didn't know about) and I had to send it back to SIG to get fixed. Sold her the day Fed-Ex dropped her back at my house.

I am a Forum User
    Being left handed, for me it was the Just Right Carbines AR carbine in .40 S&W. I wanted it because it could be converted to left hand shooting and it used Glock mags. I also had a Glock. I bought the gun, had a gunsmith convert it to left hand, and it kept jamming. After the third time I sent the gun back to the manufacturer for repair I told them to keep it and give me my money back. They refunded my money with no argument.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post

Biggest was my P229 Legion. Thing was a hunk of crap, finish wore within a week, definitely not worth the $1200 I paid for it.

Second was my first P232, my stainless one. Picked it up from Firing line, thing was as close to brand new as a used gun can get. Took it to the range, 25 rounds in the takedown lever broke (apparently a common problem which I didn't know about) and I had to send it back to SIG to get fixed. Sold her the day Fed-Ex dropped her back at my house.
    I have a Sig P220 Elite, and it's probably my favorite handgun. Mine is the stainless version. That said, I've heard from many people that the finish on the Legion sucks. That's actually what stopped me from getting it originally and what turned me to the P220. Sig's stainless finish is extremely durable and it takes A LOT to scratch it. It's almost like they have some sort of stainless coating. Glad I avoided a headache and didn't get the Legion.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    That was my last hope for an Hk. What didn't you like about it?
    Ergonomics were very close to the PPQ, with out as good of a trigger as a PPQ. Compared to my P09 the trigger was ok, but no where near as flat shooting, and followup shots were much slower for a good hit. It was just very meh to me, and not worth all of the hype.

There is nothing wrong with the gun, just not the handgun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    I have a Sig P220 Elite, and it's probably my favorite handgun. Mine is the stainless version. That said, I've heard from many people that the finish on the Legion sucks. That's actually what stopped me from getting it originally and what turned me to the P220. Sig's stainless finish is extremely durable and it takes A LOT to scratch it. It's almost like they have some sort of stainless coating. Glad I avoided a headache and didn't get the Legion.
    Had a P220 DAK, loved that gun. I've wanted a da/sa for a while, but would never buy another Legion.

MGO Member
    Had a P220 DAK, loved that gun. I've wanted a da/sa for a while, but would never buy another Legion.
    I absolutely love my 226 Legion and 220 Stainless Elite. I have not had any issues with my 226 legion. I did not have my 229 Legion long enough to see if anything happened.

My biggest disappointments would have to be the LCP and the KSG. The lcp just didn't seem like the right size/shape or something for me. Love my P238.
    The KSG seemed really cool but was not that fun to shoot at all. It had a lot of recoil and just didn't seem that practical. It was enjoyable for 4-5 rounds though.

I am a Forum User
    this thread has some interesting reading..
    Probably most disappointing pistol was a Taurus mod. 94 (.22 rimfire revolver)
    I have owned quite a few Taurus pistols, auto loaders & several revolvers (early models) without any problems
    @ all. The revolvers were not of S&W quality, but all fired & extracted satisfactorily, & were accurate.
    The mod 94 was a beautiful, highly polished, stainless pistol that had a trigger that was so stiff/heavy, it was un-shootable.
    Wife couldn't fire it DBL action, @ all. Returned it to BassPro & they shipped it to Taurus for me.
    It was a little better when returned..for a few rounds..then the firing pin fell out.

Took it to my gunsmith (Doug Jones) & he discovered that when they worked on the pistol, they'd left out a pin, that holds in a spring, that fits behind the firing pin.
    As the pin fits in the frame on one end & the side plate on the other, no way it could have broke, or fell out, they just forgot to put it back in (!)
    Doug fixed it for me, so I wouldn't have to go thru their repair shop again. I did send a detailed email describing my experience , to their Service dept.
    Never heard anything back.

Fortunately I have a LOT more pleasant surprises than disappointments.
    My Sig 232 (bi-tone) has been/ is a great, accurate, reliable pistol..better than the 3 other 380's I'd tried.
    As have all my other Sigs.. 226 ( 9mm), 220 (45), and 226S (in 40 S&W)
    I guess Sigs must fit me well.

I have been disappointed in my Glock experiences, (guess just not a Glock guy)
    my model 21 was accurate, just never warmed up to it's trigger & how it fits my hand.
    Same with my model 22, it is accurate, but even after had trigger work done by Doug (big improvement) still don't like shooting it.

after wanting a S&W 41 for about 30 yrs. , found a well-cared for, (almost) reasonably priced, used one & bought it.
    What a surprise shooting it was. Even better than I could have imagined..every shooter should get to shoot a pistol that is of it's quality.
    I Would've spent the big $ for one years ago, if I'd have known what I was missing. ( makes up for that Taurus 94 experience.)

and, finally, I'll share an observation I've learned...
    I've been a 1911 fan for years, (& after meeting Mr. D. Jones), have learned a lot about them.
    Owned Colts, Dan Wesson, Springfields, Sig, STI, RIA's, Metro Arms, & probably others I don't immediately recall.
    Learned (recently) that SOME failure to reliably feed particular bullets (shape / weights) MAY be due to what I'll call "tight" chambers.
    As a handloader, I am continually trying different bullet shapes & weights in my 1911's, so I may experience feeding issues that others may never have.
    this problem is discovered with a chamber gauge, & corrected by a chamber reamer.
    Just the slightest amount of "reaming" corrected the chambering problems I discovered on some of my 1911's.
    Once corrected, they eat anything I feed them, with no ejection problems.
    Last edited by joepistol; 02-01-2017 at 11:21 AM.

MGO Member

thinking of selling your 229 legion? I was looking at buying one potentially, if its a 9, and you got the 15 rd mags, not the 10s.

I dont care about the finish. But I like the sound of the upgrades that come with it.

MGO Member
    I was looking for P50 reviews and this thread came up in the search feature. What a fun read!

My unicorn was the EDC-X9 from Wilson. When I finally obtained one, I was beyond excited. On my first trip to the range I was shocked to find I could outshoot it with a G30S. Shocked. So I went home and took it out another day. Same thing. Even though it feels perfect in hand and points naturally to me, I could never be accurate with it.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast