Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

What's a gun you were excited/hyped up for that turned out to be disappointing?

Just wondering what guns you guys have ever been really excited for, then got and were let down.

For me it'd be my HK USP Expert. I love HK weapons. They have legendary reliability, build quality, and accuracy. The HK91 and MP5 have always been two of my dream guns (now I own them). I should say I am not a fan of polymer. Not because I think it is bad or low quality. Polymer guns are great as well. I've just always preferred the feel and balance of metal guns. I had wanted a USP for... forever. I finally got the USP Expert in 9mm and now I have it on the selling block. It's a nice gun, but I just am not a fan of how the polymer feels. The balance also feels off to me. Overall it was kind of disappointing to get a gun I've wanted for so long only have a "meh" feeling when I got it.

Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum I got a Sig P220 not expecting much from it. I had never really cared for Sigs, but I got the P220 on a whim and now it's probably my favorite handgun.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    Just wondering what guns you guys have ever been really excited for, then got and were let down.

For me it'd be my HK USP Expert. I love HK weapons. They have legendary reliability, build quality, and accuracy. The HK91 and MP5 have always been two of my dream guns (now I own them). I should say I am not a fan of polymer. Not because I think it is bad or low quality. Polymer guns are great as well. I've just always preferred the feel and balance of metal guns. I had wanted a USP for... forever. I finally got the USP Expert in 9mm and now I have it on the selling block. It's a nice gun, but I just am not a fan of how the polymer feels. The balance also feels off to me. Overall it was kind of disappointing to get a gun I've wanted for so long only have a "meh" feeling when I got it.

Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum I got a Sig P220 not expecting much from it. I had never really cared for Sigs, but I got the P220 on a whim and now it's probably my favorite handgun.
    I have two Experts, one in 9mm and the other in .45. Both will outshoot almost any other gun of mine including my Series 70 Colt National Match.

I shot a competition with my 9mm Expert two weeks ago and I decided to switch the trigger to the Hybrid/Match LEM variant for the consistency.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Tec-9&.22 Useless pieces of non feeding pelosi. Not even fun to shoot.

XDS.45. Gun feels great in the hand and thought "this is for me." I couldnt shoot it very well nor handle the recoil.

On the not excited to excited: M&P s&ws. Never had an interest in these. Got one in a trade and was hooked. Cant wait to get a 2.0.

I bought an HK Mark 23. I thought it would be great ... Turns out that I was wrong. Grip too big, trigger too far of reach, heavy trigger pull, 12 lbs+ Double Action, 6 lbs + single action. It was accurate but I didn't like shooting it. I shot 50 rounds, kept it in the safe a couple of years and sold it during one of the Obama stimulus scares.

MGO Board of Directors

NAA Guardian…
    The trigger pull on that thing was LONG and HEAVY. Overall, it was very heavy and difficult to cycle.

Before I bought it, Don at Firing Line handed me his personal Sig 232 and let me shoot it on the range. After I sold the NAA Guardian, I bought a Sig 232 and LOVE it in comparison.

The other one that somewhat fits the category is the H&K P7…but ONLY because it gets HOT after shooting a few dozen rounds. Otherwise, I LOVE it and still have mine!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger View Post
    XDS.45. Gun feels great in the hand and thought "this is for me." I couldnt shoot it very well nor handle the recoil.
    The XDS .45 is my answer too. Mine was having FTE issues as well. Regained my senses shortly thereafter and returned to S&W.

MGO Member
    So far it's my Colt LE6920MP-B. My old Windham Bushmaster, so far, shoots a much tighter group.

I am a Forum User
    PPS43C

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    I have two Experts, one in 9mm and the other in .45. Both will outshoot almost any other gun of mine including my Series 70 Colt National Match.

I shot a competition with my 9mm Expert two weeks ago and I decided to switch the trigger to the Hybrid/Match LEM variant for the consistency.
    I want to like mine so bad. I just do not like how the polymer feels. Again, I know it's super durable it's just that it doesn't feel very good to me, or comfortable shall I say. And it's usually only in pistols, too. I had a CZ Scorpion which I liked (it's all polymer) but I sold towards the MP5. I have a Benelli Vinci which I really like (it has a polymer lower). Had a Benelli SuperNova (polymer overmolded metal) that I liked as well. I did have a Beretta ARX100 as well which is all polymer, but that gun felt like a cheap piece of junk. It was very reliable, but the polymer on it felt like a cheap toy.

I was hoping I'd get the Expert, shoot it, and that would make me feel better about it but no dice. I've never liked how Glocks felt, or the FNX-45 which I've held. That said, I do love the way the HK45/P30 feels. That might be my next eventual handgun purchase.

Ruger 22/45 Lite. This thing is a jam-o-matic. With hyper-velocity ammo it will cycle decently, but normal velocity ammo of any make it can't make it through a magazine.

My Ruger MK IV Target has only had one misfeed, and that after I managed to ride my hand up into the bolt path. But that darn 22/45...
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast