Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Springfield Armory SS loaded 1911 with the USA made NM frame. Up until then I'd been using a 1991A1 Colt that had the plastic parts replaced and a new sear put in. It shot ok, but a far cry from a Gold Cup. Been shooting it for years at that point and had over 45K rounds through it. LGS had a loaded 1911 springfield and the gun seemed much tighter overall so I thought about it for a couple days and went back to buy it only to see that it was gone from the display case. So I ordered one and waited impatiently until it showed up. The slide was super tight, and nothing rattled initially when you shook it! Took it out and shot it.... My beat up colt, S&W4506, S&W9mm, Beretta 40 and sig 40 shot better than it did. The frame to slide fit was good but the barrel fitting was sloppy and got worse the more it got shot. I wanted to like it, but was expecting it to shoot decently. Debated having a barrel fitted to the gun but quickly decided to trade it in on a Kimber SS Gold Match. The Gold Match almost shot as well as my buddies Tricked out Gold Cup so in the end I'm happy.
    Interesting because I have this same exact 1911 and its the only one Ive tried thats run reliably regardless of magazine type/brand.

Ive also shot it side by side with other peoples and the accuracy difference was pretty noticeable.

I am a Forum User
    Kimber CDP II 5": shot 3" high at 20' out of the box. Brought it back to the dealer I got it from, who told me to get shooting lessons. Finally convinced them to test fire after making fun of me only to discover it shot 3" high. Was glad to dump the Swartz safety mechanism and aluminum frame.

No comparison to the my series 70 Kimber Classic Royal

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Interesting because I have this same exact 1911 and its the only one Ive tried thats run reliably regardless of magazine type/brand.

Ive also shot it side by side with other peoples and the accuracy difference was pretty noticeable.
    It wasn't a total lemon, just not as accurate as I'd hoped and expected. I had other guys including one that shoots better than me shoot it. Initial impression was always favorable, then WTF this thing isn't very accurate. FWIW the 1911 type gun that I've owned that was the least picky about feeding was the Colt 1991A1. It would feed empty cases which made showing my buddy who at the time was a career military guy (retired now but still works as a contractor for them) how badly he was flinching. I'd load him mags and sneak in 1-2 empty cases because he said he wasn't flinching. He was almost as bad as the old gangster movies where they're jerking the gun forward with each shot. He could do the empty case on the front sight drill just fine but jerked badly if he knew the gun was actually going to fire. Just took one time for him to admit he was flinching and start working on correcting it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213