Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Anything Sig for me. I've tried several. Great guns, but they just don't fit my hand. I really wanted to like them, but I just can't.

Dice

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmissile View Post
    FN Five-Seven IOM. Just boring and stupid expensive. It was 2004.
    I would tend to agree. I was also unimpressed with the FN FS2000. Weird ergonomics, even for a bullpup, and it felt like a sci fi movie prop.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    I was really excited about the Remington R51. When I originally found one of the first batch I couldn't wait to try it out. Gun was a POS. Couldn't get thru a single magazine without a failure of some kind. A positive was the accuracy and feel, but way to unreliable. Have read some hit or miss articles regarding the gen 2, so giving up completely. Just couldn't trust my life with this gun.

I am a Forum User
    Any AR. I bought a S&W M&P15, but have also tried Ruger, colt, bushmaster... I prefer the SIG 556, HK93, 223 AK, 223 FAL over the AR. And yes, I carried them in the infantry for years, so have lots of experience with them.

Let downs:

LCP - Am on my third one and still hate the thing. Just doesn't have much quality to it(although better than the Keltec version in this regard). I hate the triggers too(have tried the pro and various gens).

Walther PPS22 - Blew up in my hand the first time at the range. Had hard time dealing with Walther but they eventually warrantied it...now I have it back and it works but I have a bad taste in my mouth so I'll be selling it.

S&W Victory - Won't make it 3-4 rounds with out stovepiping. Also had too tight of a chamber...comes back from S&W today.

Anything Keltec...POS manufacturer.

Stoeger SxS 12ga - Second barrel wouldn't fire out the box. That gun went to Stoeger twice and still had hiccups...

Happily surprised:
    Remington RM380 - Bought after deciding I hate LCPs. Had been on the market for over a year with solid reviews but I had a VERY hard time bringing myself to buy a Remington handgun being Freedom Group owned and the whole epic R51 fail. After running a few hundred rounds through it, I'm pleasently surprised. Low recoil, locks on last round, truly ambi, very predictable DAO trigger, and it's been completely reliable. It's most everything I wanted from an LCP albeit a bit bigger.

MGO Member
    The Beretta m9a3...i thought it would be more than what it is. Don't get me wrong I still want one, but the prices seem way high for what they are.

I am a Forum User
    para ordnance black ops recon. jamomatic, will never look at another para again.

I am a Forum User
    Series 80 Colt Gold Cup. A Nagant M1895 had a smoother trigger pull.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    The Beretta m9a3...i thought it would be more than what it is. Don't get me wrong I still want one, but the prices seem way high for what they are.
    The prices are high because of the crazy demand. I was lucky and found a great deal on a lightly used one. The quality is phenomenal and it is the nicest Beretta I have owned. This is my current nightstand gun.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Had wanted a 22 magnum revolver for awhile. Hard to find during the OBUMMER years. Finally came across a Charter Arms snubby at Jay's in Clare. Of course there was NO ammo for it anywhere, so I had to wait till I got home to shoot it.

First time out the gun went click...bang, click,click,click, bang, etc. Ended up having to send it back to the factory where they replaced the firing pin & the cylinder. Gun worked fine after that, but I had already fallen out of love with it & sold it for what I paid.

I think it was on display for a LONG, LONG time at Jay's. Probably dry fired a thousand times.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast