Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

IDPA/USPSA how to?

How to get into IDPA/USPSA shooting? From what I can tell you need to be a member of a local gun club. But to become a member a club you need someone from that club to sponsor you to enter, so how do you get in to be able to join a competitive club? please school me on what I need to do/know.
    Last edited by Toxicag; 02-19-2017 at 05:39 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxicag View Post
    How to get into IDPA/USPSA shooting?.
    For USPSA, one does not need to be a member of the club. I believe that is also the case for IDPA.

For info on Michigan clubs checkout xxx.uspsamichigansection.org, ( I can't post links). Call the listed contact(s), explain you are interested, and they will help you in regards to the equipment needed.

The season starts in March. You will find/meet great people and have a lot of fun! Take your time and be safe. Looking forward to seeing you at one of the matches.

I am a Forum User
    Livingston County Sportsman Assoc does an IDPA class every spring. I believe they have already opened up registration, so give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jiw275 View Post
    For info on Michigan clubs checkout www.uspsamichigansection.org, ( I can't post links). Call the listed contact(s), explain you are interested, and they will help you in regards to the equipment needed.
    FIFY

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Find out what you think you might be interested in. No club I'm aware of prohibits spectators, so you could probably show up (with eye/ear protection) and watch if you want. Talk to whomever runs it, ask questions, etc. Most all these organizations would love to have you get involved, because before you know it you can go from beginner to experienced to helper to range officer to match director.

Also, for most IDPA or USPSA matches I'm aware of, you don't need a membership at the club to shoot matches (sometimes you pay a little extra). Most "memberships" give you access to the club facilities outside of open-to-public events.

IDPA info here, as I do not shoot USPSA.

Linden, Livingston, Tri-County, and the Racoon club do not require you to be a member. You will pay more for an entry fee than a member, but nothing terrible.

Livingston has a great summary of IDPA if you are unfamiliar.

http://www.lcsa.info/index.php/activities/idpa

If you have further questions you can always PM me.

I am a Forum User
    Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club does both. They have their 2017 schedules up:
    http://www.raccoonhunters.org

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the Info guys. I'm going to pay for the one year membership to IDPA and go out to as many shoots as I can.

Before buying an IDPA membership, check with the club; many shoot IDPA-like events, that are not IDPA-sanctioned and therefore should not require IDPA membership. I believe this to be correct, but I could be incorrect, and if so, can someone please chime in?

MGO Member
    Although most matches are held at private clubs, the events are open to the public. Find one or more that are close to you. Take your gear and ask questions. Most likely they'll help you get into the match & give it a try. Try a few times and Both type (IDPA & USPSA). Then decide which one you like best.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast