Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    The more people utlilize the registration exemption, the easier it will be to repeal the whole law. We could use all the help we can get on this.

Only 5 states register pistols and the state police went on "tour" to pimp a new "online registration system" and they were surprised by the numerous comments that they got about how bad the system it is and how the MSP shouldn't continue to support registration.

The number of gun owners and MI agencies who think registration is the norm and that it's nationwide is shocking.
    Only problem with that is the state has no way of knowing who doesn't register guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    I think you need a 2/3 majority in each chamber to over ride a governor's veto. It would be great for an over ride to happen but I don't think the numbers are there to do that.
    Then take the override out of the equation. The reps are still too afraid to even send a bill to the gov. that would force him to show his true colors. Why? They had no problem whatsoever sending controversial bills to Grandholm.

I'd much rather see them send the bills to his desk, even knowing the result, than be spineless because they know he will veto.

Want to guarantee my vote? Pass it in the House and Senate, let him RINO his way through them all.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    Then take the override out of the equation. The reps are still too afraid to even send a bill to the gov. that would force him to show his true colors. Why? They had no problem whatsoever sending controversial bills to Grandholm.

I'd much rather see them send the bills to his desk, even knowing the result, than be spineless because they know he will veto.

Want to guarantee my vote? Pass it in the House and Senate, let him RINO his way through them all.
    With the Republican's being in the majority for the past 6 years you would have thought that pro-gun legislation would have been going through the Legislature like crap thru a goose. The one thing Republicans are good at is not knowing how to govern when they are in the majority. I will bet the farm that the "D's" already have their anti-gun plan on paper and are biding their time when they are in control of all 3 levels of State government to implement them.

On a side note I'm happy to see that my Rep. belongs to the 2A caucus.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    I rarely OC around here. I will Up North sometimes. I know a lot of folks that have guns, .
    First off, this bill isn't about your ability to open carry, which by the way has been available to you since 1963 with various failed attempts to prevent you from doing so. Its primary intent is to eliminate the requirement that law abiding citizens have to pay the government in order to exercise their God given rights. Regarding the existing CPL licensing, $140 for a required pistol training course, $115 for the CPL, this is nothing more than a classic “poor tax” on low income, law abiding citizens who are being denied the right to protect themselves simply because they can’t afford this outrageous taxation. It’s about time “lawmakers” in this state recognize the futility of licensing and do away with these stupid permits which have done absolutely nothing to curb the rising violent crime in Detroit.

Your failed attempt at an argument carries as much water as all the hand wringing liberals who predicted gunfights and blood in the streets when Michigan became a shall issue state back in 2001. You claim to occasionally Open Carry while at the same time fear anyone else who chooses to open carry into a school (which by the way is LEGAL if one holds a Michigan CPL) and there has never been a violent issue here in Michigan because of it. With the lack of trust you have for the rest of us who follow the law, what makes you think we should trust YOU while YOU are openly carrying YOUR firearm?

There is nothing in the Constitutional Carry Bill that is going to increase crime that isn't already occurring in cities like Detroit among the population that already has no respect for life or your laws.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I'll withhold judgement until I see something come out of this group.
    +1 - until it results in less regulation.

Firearm safety - It's a matter for education, not legislation.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabertooth View Post
    First off, this bill isn't about your ability to open carry, which by the way has been available to you since 1963 with various failed attempts to prevent you from doing so. Its primary intent is to eliminate the requirement that law abiding citizens have to pay the government in order to exercise their God given rights. Regarding the existing CPL licensing, $140 for a required pistol training course, $115 for the CPL, this is nothing more than a classic “poor tax” on low income, law abiding citizens who are being denied the right to protect themselves simply because they can’t afford this outrageous taxation. It’s about time “lawmakers” in this state recognize the futility of licensing and do away with these stupid permits which have done absolutely nothing to curb the rising violent crime in Detroit.

Your failed attempt at an argument carries as much water as all the hand wringing liberals who predicted gunfights and blood in the streets when Michigan became a shall issue state back in 2001. You claim to occasionally Open Carry while at the same time fear anyone else who chooses to open carry into a school (which by the way is LEGAL if one holds a Michigan CPL) and there has never been a violent issue here in Michigan because of it. With the lack of trust you have for the rest of us who follow the law, what makes you think we should trust YOU while YOU are openly carrying YOUR firearm?

There is nothing in the Constitutional Carry Bill that is going to increase crime that isn't already occurring in cities like Detroit among the population that already has no respect for life or your laws.
    First off, WHAT BILL?

Not a very good first post, trying to flame someone that has been here for 7 years and was just expressing an opinion on actions and consequences. Maybe you should go to the Introductions area and tell us a little about yourself.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345