Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Glock 42 question

First off, I have no experience with Glocks other then shot a couple and didn't care for them.

Friend of mine has a 42 (.380) that she claims jams constantly. My first thought is maybe limp wristing.
    What else should I look for when I get a chance to look at it and shoot it?
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    First off, I have no experience with Glocks other then shot a couple and didn't care for them.

Friend of mine has a 42 (.380) that she claims jams constantly. My first thought is maybe limp wristing.
    What else should I look for when I get a chance to look at it and shoot it?
    I bought one when they first came out and had the same issues. I sent it back to Glock and they returned it to me about 3 weeks later and never had an other issue.

I am a Forum User
    Limpwristing/loose grip. How much other shooting experience does she have? Does she clean/lube her guns?

I am a Forum User
    The 42 and 43 both had issues when they were first released and still don't enjoy the same Glock reliability as the main series of pistols, though now that the bugs have been worked out they're as reliable as anything else in their class.

When you test it yourself it should be easy to determine whether or not limp wristing is the problem. That said, for a small defensive pistol it shouldn't require an iron grip to cycle. If it does there's something wrong with it or the ammo. Try different ammo if you can and see if it's just sensitive to light loads. If all else fails have her send it to Glock to look at. Not much else you can do.

what kind of malfunctions? Be very specific.

I am a Forum User
    Wife's 42 HATES pmc ball ammo. Stove pipe city. No issues with Remington, Cor-Bon, or even steel case blazer.

42s have had a couple updates and IIRC, the extractor was one.

I agree with others, limp writing and a proper grip with the hand as high up the frame as it can be are 2 major things to watch for. Little guns aren't as forgiving in regards to improper grip and limp wristing.

For what it is worth, I had an early 42 that didn't have some of the later updates. Mine ran fine and shot pretty darn soft.

If you get more specific with the malfunctions, then we can help better. Jamming is a pretty generic description of the malfunction at hand.

MGO Member
    I hope to get a chance to try it myself and watch her shoot it sometimes this week.

Do Glocks tend to need to be wet or dry in lube?
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Just half drops will do it.
    http://glockparts.com/Content.aspx?P...ation%20Points
    For the slide, 1 drop each side of the rails at the front. Stand it on end, (back) and let it run down the rails.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    When my wife had a problem with her new G42, I pointed he to some youtube videos on limp wristing & she corrected herself.
    Spent the next range session telling her sisters all about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast