Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

SB 0219 Modify licensing process ( emergecy license)

SB 0219 of 2017
    Weapons; licensing; application process for licensing; modify. Amends secs. 1, 4, 5a, 5b, 5j, 5l, 5o, 6 & 8 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 et seq.) & repeals sec. 421 of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.421).
    Last Action: 3/7/2017 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
    Last edited by Tallbear; 03-09-2017 at 04:13 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

Licenses are processed so fast (Statewide) now that the whole "emergency" thing might be a moot point.

This bill would allow someone to skip the class and apply immediately…but the emergency license is invalid in 10 days if they don't complete a training course.
    Just seems unnecessary now, especially since it tosses the eligibility determination back in the Sheriff's Office's lap…in Wayne County…the Sheriff's Office probably wouldn't even look at the application/background check request for more than 10 days anyway...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Maybe the solution would be to upgrade our laws concerning open carry.

MGO Board of Directors

Even if there were some valid reason for this bill to pass, IMO…it would be better to require the Clerk's Office and the MSP to "immediately" process the application/background check and leave the County Sheriff's out of it.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

OH HELL NO!

This is a lot more than what they allude in the description:

Add: "From this State or Another State" to the exemptions for retired LEO.

The County Sheriff can stop an Emergency license for violations of certain sections.

Determination of qualification is to be "Based solely on the report received from the Department of state police under subsection (6)". Which probably is not a bad thing.

Add language that when the clerk is notified that someone is no longer exempted from PFZ, the clerk notifies the licensee to turn in the licensee, and then that person has to pay for a replacement without the box checked.

Class certificates must have ORIGINAL HANDWRITTEN signatures. I guess no more photo copies turned in to the clerk.

Alter the use of a renewal receipt used as a permit on an expired license.

Add Language for the MSP to check and the clerk to NOT issue to Illegal or Nonimmigrant Alien.

And what is this about repealing MCL 750-421? No longer a crime to build an armored vehicle.....
    Last edited by Roundballer; 03-08-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    COMMITTEE: Judiciary

DATE: Tuesday, March 14, 2017

TIME: 3:00 p.m.

PLACE: Room 1300, Binsfeld Building

201 Townsend Street

Lansing, MI 48933

PHONE: Heather Dorbeck (517) 373-5323

Committee Clerk

AGENDA

SB 223 Sen. Jones Law enforcement; records; maintain record for separation of employment; require, and establish that agency is immune from civil liability.

SB 219 Sen. Green Weapons; licensing; application process for licensing; modify.

SB 72 Sen. Bieda Corrections; parole; parole eligibility for certain controlled substance offenders; modify.

SB 73 Sen. Bieda Crimes; controlled substances; parole eligibility for certain controlled substance offenders; modify.

SB 220 Sen. Bieda Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines for certain repeat drug offenses; amend to reflect changes in public health code.

SB 195 Sen. Casperson Occupations; attorneys; eligibility requirements for attorney licensed in another state to practice law in Michigan; modify.

I looked hard for something good in this bill.

Bueller..... Bueller......

Nope, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    And what is this about repealing MCL 750-421? No longer a crime to build an armored vehicle.....
    What the hell?????

I never knew MI made it a felony to have an armored vehicle.

I noticed it said they can be licensed and licenses shall be issued and revoked in the same manner as a "concealed weapon license".

So I guess that means if you have a CPL, the state police shall issue you an armored vehicle license.

I'm seriously thinking about applying for this license...

I am a Forum User
    SB 0219 of 2017
    Weapons; licensing; application process for licensing; modify. Amends secs. 1, 4, 5a, 5b, 5j, 5l, 5o, 6 & 8 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 et seq.) & repeals sec. 421 of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.421).
    Last Action: 3/14/2017 Analysis File Added

The new version of the bill (S-1) also includes a repeal of MCL 750.232

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast