Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handgun safe

I am a Forum User
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a portable handgun safe that I'd like to sell. Where would be a good place to post a for sale ad? Prefer not to go the CL route. TIA

In Memoriam Forum User
    Below are to companies that sell 'real' safes. Avoid the junk sold at gun stores, sporting goods, big box stores etc. Stick to mechanical combination locks, not the fancy push-button electronic locks, and especially any that rely on biometrics alone.

METRO SAFE

30845 John R Rd
    Madison Heights, MI 48071
    Telephone: 248-585-7230

AARON'S LOCK & KEY, INC
    30870 John R @ 13 Mile Road
    Madison Heights, MI 48071
    248-589-0330

Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
    Jimmy L. Mowry
    jimmy@aaronslockandkey.com

MGO Member Forum User
    I am waiting for THIS SAFE and two of THESE to be delivered. Once I get it installed, I'll let you know how I like it.

Now for a side question. I know this cabinet isn't really going to prevent theft by anyone who really wants in, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it more difficult, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not trying to rebuild an entire wall or anything extreme, but I'm not opposed to bolting it into some studs or something. I don't know... thoughts?

Update: The stack-on cabinet is ... Not great, to say the least. First shipment came without keys, and the cabinet was beat to all hell, very large/deep dents in multiple places. Fortunately, Amazon has the most amazing return system ever. They sent me a new one before I even shipped the first one back, no fuss. The second shipment was better. Has keys, but still had one small dent in the sidewall. Decided to keep it (smoothed it out with a hammer+2x4). Assembly was an absolute nightmare, and I didn't leave the battle unbloodied. Even following the directions carefully, it was vague as to the proper assembly of the modular aspects.

I'm keeping it, but I added my own hooks to the innards and it now serves strictly as a locker for my ballistic vests and general accessories.
    Instead, I picked up a Sports Afield EA03 (HERE) and used two of the stack on pistol racks. Works fantastic as a handgun vault. The stack on racks hold even my two .50 DEs without issue.
    Last edited by Some Donkus; 02-03-2018 at 12:31 AM.

I am a Forum User
    haven't seen a quick access safe for three pistols. My suggestion would be two safes. One small quick access safe like the ones made by gunvault kept nearby affixed to furniture to dissuade theft.

I would then get a second, more durable slightly larger closet safe (also mounted). I used a rotary combination fire safe made by sentry intended for documents found at Home Depot. Given limited space and budget, that's how I'd roll.

I am a Forum User
    I have two home thiefts in my lifetime .It's not a good experience to arive to your home and find out you have been broken into. Both times it was someone I knew .First wives cousins, second time neighbor . Only one pistol survied each time a ruger security six .It was stashed in a shoe box both times. NO ONE knows what I have .I have a gun safe Barska https://secretstorages.com/best-gun-safe-under-1000/ (HOME SECURITY CONTAINER) Everything is scattered all over the home in the wifes shoe boxes . Out of sight out of mind.
    Last edited by Frlall; 08-06-2018 at 09:00 AM.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Frlall View Post
    I have two home thiefts in my lifetime .It's not a good experience to arive to your home and find out you have been broken into. Both times it was someone I knew .First wives cousins, second time neighbor . Only one pistol survied each time a ruger security six .It was stashed in a shoe box both times. NO ONE knows what I have .I have a safe (HOME SECURITY CONTAINER) Everything is scattered all over the home in the wifes shoe boxes . Out of sight out of mind.
    Good idea for those of us without an FFL. Drop Down ceilings work well too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12