Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

SB 0245 Allow spring-assisted knife

SB 0245 of 2017
    Weapons; other; spring-assisted knife; allow. Amends secs. 231 & 237a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.231 & 750.237a) & repeals sec. 226a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.226a).
    Last Action: 3/15/2017 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

Regardless of the list of sections that are affected, the only thing this bill does is repeal 750.226a - the ban on "auto knives".

This is a good start and a clean bill (at this point).

There is still a lot of work to do in the area of Michigan knife laws, again, a good start.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017

TIME: 3:00 p.m.

PLACE: Room 1300,

AGENDA

SB 245 Sen. Jones Weapons; other; spring-assisted knife; allow.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

wow. I read it through twice and still missed the "226a is repealed" at the end
    let's hope the FUDs make the same mistake.
    with modern knives, there is absolutely no need for the distinction in types of knives. My edc, which has no springs, assists, etc, is actually easier to lock open and closed than many switchblades i've checked out.
    which really just means the law against switchblades is absolutely pointless and founded in movie fantasy.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Here is the judiciary committee per this page... http://www.senate.michigan.gov/committee/judiciary.html

Rick Jones
    (R) Committee Chair, 24th District
    Tonya Schuitmaker (R) Vice Chair, 26th District
    Tory Rocca (R) 10th District
    Patrick Colbeck (R) 7th District
    Steven M Bieda (D) Minority Committee Chair, 9th District

None of those people are from my district, so I'm counting on you folks to put their feet to the fire. I'm not a constituent who matters, so I did what I can by linking to each one of their "contact me" pages, making it easy for you folks.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    It's Jones bill so it won't have a problem getting out of committee.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Here is the judiciary committee per this page... http://www.senate.michigan.gov/committee/judiciary.html

None of those people are from my district, so I'm counting on you folks to put their feet to the fire. I'm not a constituent who matters, so I did what I can by linking to each one of their "contact me" pages, making it easy for you folks.
    You can write to the the clerk/secretary of the committee and address the issue for submission to the committee.

You don't have to be a constituent of one of the Senators on the committee to address the committee itself.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am pleasantly surprised by this one and who sponsored it.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    wow. I read it through twice and still missed the "226a is repealed" at the end
    let's hope the FUDs make the same mistake.
    with modern knives, there is absolutely no need for the distinction in types of knives. My edc, which has no springs, assists, etc, is actually easier to lock open and closed than many switchblades i've checked out.
    which really just means the law against switchblades is absolutely pointless and founded in movie fantasy.
    I'd be interested to know what knife you're describing...
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    **CANCELLED**

NOTICE OF SCHEDULED MEETING

COMMITTEE: Judiciary

DATE: Tuesday, March 21, 2017

TIME: 3:00 p.m.

PLACE: Room 1300, Binsfeld Building

201 Townsend Street

Lansing, MI 48933

PHONE: Heather Dorbeck (517) 373-5323

Committee Clerk

AGENDA

SB 245 Sen. Jones Weapons; other; spring-assisted knife; allow.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast