Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    What legislative sessions are planned after 7/25? Is there a chance to override a potential/expected veto?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliper View Post
    What legislative sessions are planned after 7/25? Is there a chance to override a potential/expected veto?
    I don't think you will ever see an override attempted in the senate, under current leadership. Arlan Meekhof is term limited and probably working for his future employer more than the citizens of Michigan. At best, he doesn't care about our concerns. At worst, his future job is dependent on Snyder, himself.

Contact Gov Snyder to ask him to sign this Bill.

Who is expecting a veto?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by karcent View Post

Who is expecting a veto?
    Have sent a message to his office.

General feeling I was getting was that Snyder is term limited and not exactly in favor of this law.

Have sent a message to his office.

General feeling I was getting was that Snyder is term limited and not exactly in favor of this law.
    I had not heard that he voiced any opinion on it?
    The MSP is in favor of SB245, and he generally follows their lead on this type of legislation.
    Time will tell.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Who is expecting a veto?
    i left a voicemail last night. worth a shot.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    The bill had bipartisan support. I bet he'll sign it.

I had not heard that he voiced any opinion on it?
    It is not that he has voiced any actual opinion on this, or any other bill. It is that his office responds in a manner that would leave you to believe that the Gov is not aware of any bill before the fact, and will not express any position. It is almost like he is unaware of anything before it gets to his office. He (his office) seems to want to leave us without confidence in how he will respond.

The MSP is in favor of SB245, and he generally follows their lead on this type of legislation.
    Time will tell.
    This does tend to lend confidence in the possibility of passage. Even if the MSP should have NO voice in the creation of laws. They are a portion of the Executive branch of government, not a fourth branch that gets a vote.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Rick Jones just posted on Facebook that this bill was signed today!

About time

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast