Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansjeep2000 View Post
    About time
    Gov Snyder only had it on his desk for less than two days. Can't complain about that really.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Rick Jones
    2 hrs · Grand Ledge ·
    The Governor signed my spring-assisted knife bill today. Some in the media will say it's now legal to carry a "switchblade".
    That's technically not true. The switchblade commonly known as a Stiletto is still banned.
    This is the spring assisted utility knife that is like a common jackknife. It has a one edged blade. Not the double edge Stiletto.
    It is commonly carried by the National Guard and police. It is sold all over the place and some people were getting into trouble.
    Everyone from the ACLU to the MSP supported decriminalizing this commonly sold knife.
    I think I'll run down to ohio tonight and pick one up. that way i can have one when i head out tomorrow
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I wouldn't start carrying one too soon. After all you can still run afoul of the patchwork of knife laws from city to city.
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I think I'll run down to ohio tonight and pick one up. that way i can have one when i head out tomorrow
    The Law doesn't take effect for 90 days

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Rick Jones
    2 hrs · Grand Ledge ·
    The Governor signed my spring-assisted knife bill today. Some in the media will say it's now legal to carry a "switchblade".
    That's technically not true. The switchblade commonly known as a Stiletto is still banned.
    This is the spring assisted utility knife that is like a common jackknife. It has a one edged blade. Not the double edge Stiletto.
    It is commonly carried by the National Guard and police. It is sold all over the place and some people were getting into trouble.
    Everyone from the ACLU to the MSP supported decriminalizing this commonly sold knife.
    Rick Jones doesn't know what his bill does or doesn't do.

There is nothing in the law that would prohibit an "Out The Front" types of knives, and the double edge and stiletto blades are banned as "fixed" blades.

Furthermore, if he wants to "protect" people from getting "in trouble", he will need knife preemption.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by karcent View Post
    The Law doesn't take effect for 90 days
    guess i better turn the car around then and try again in 3 months
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Rick Jones doesn't know what his bill does or doesn't do.

There is nothing in the law that would prohibit an "Out The Front" types of knives, and the double edge and stiletto blades are banned as "fixed" blades.

Furthermore, if he wants to "protect" people from getting "in trouble", he will need knife preemption.
    out the front gravity knife, or out the front automatic knife?
    also, are you talking about double edged OTF blades? because i think some are edged only on one side for just this reason.

Without preemption.......I won't get too excited.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Preemption needs to be next on the agenda. This is a good step forward. I have a Benchmade OTF I have been waiting for years to carry.....

I am a Forum User
    My grandpa brought a lot of very interesting things back with him from WWII. It is crazy to me that I can legally own the pistols he brought back, but the Schrade M2 paratroopers knife (switchblade) was illegal to own. Its resided with my uncle out of state. Looking forward to reuniting it with the rest of the items.

Not mine, just a picture of the exact same knife.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast