Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I like my assisted open knives. A lot easier on my arthritic thumbs.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    I'd be interested to know what knife you're describing...
    I think most knives with a liner/frame lock can do it. They might take a little oil on the pivot pin to flip open reliably, but that's not a big deal.
    That's why NY has had such a fun time charging people with felonies. Anything you can open without having to use your other hand, or pry open with your thumb is considered a "gravity knife" there.
    see here, 'cause i gotta go home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB_cyGGFx60
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    That's really crazy! I recently purchased my first 2...

Both are easily opened with one hand. I don't think the one is spring assisted but the other one definitely isn't.

The other one opens super easily with one hand - kind of like the gravity knife.

These are ok in Michigan, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by V1x3nV View Post
    That's really crazy! I recently purchased my first 2...

Both are easily opened with one hand. I don't think the one is spring assisted but the other one definitely isn't.

The other one opens super easily with one hand - kind of like the gravity knife.

These are ok in Michigan, yes?
    Yes, they are legal. What is illegal, and this bill would repeal, is actual "switch-blades".

Read the current law --> MCL 750-226a

Currently, this bill will simply delete that section of law, and remove references to it in other sections. There are no other "gotchas" buried in it, if we can pass it as is, all will be well.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    SB 0245 of 2017
    Weapons; other; spring-assisted knife; allow. Amends secs. 231 & 237a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.231 & 750.237a) & repeals sec. 226a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.226a).
    Last Action: 3/20/2017 Analysis File Added

Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Last Action: 3/20/2017 Analysis File Added
    FISCAL IMPACT

The bill would have no fiscal impact on the State and could have a positive fiscal impact on local government to the extent that violations of Section 226a are currently prosecuted. Any reduction in misdemeanor arrests and convictions could reduce resource demands on law enforcement, court systems, community supervision, and jails. Any associated decrease in fine revenue would reduce funding to public libraries.
    We HAVE to enact Knife Law Preemption!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017
    TIME: 3:00 p.m.

PLACE: Room 1300,

AGENDA

SB 261 Sen. Hertel Criminal procedure; records; child abuse offenders registry; create.

SB 262 Sen. Jones Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines for child abuse offenders registry act violation; provide for.

SB 263 Sen. Schuitmaker Criminal procedure; records; persons convicted of certain child abuse offenses; require to register under the child abuse offender registry.

HB 4137 Rep. Frederick Law enforcement; records; fingerprinting and photographing of child or youth with special health care needs taken and submitted to the automated fingerprint identification system (AFIS) and the statewide network of agency photos upon request of parent or guardian; allow.

HB 4063 Rep. Cox Crimes; other; aiming a beam of directed energy from a directed energy device at or into path of aircraft; prohibit and provide penalty.

HB 4064 Rep. Barrett Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines for crime of aiming beam of directed energy from a directed energy device at aircraft or into path of aircraft; enact.

SB 245 Sen. Jones Weapons; other; spring-assisted knife;

I am a Forum User
    It has been depressing going to gun shows in Indiana and see what's on the table that they can legally carry. While it won't give us carte blanche it does move the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    We HAVE to enact Knife Law Preemption!
    I was told Kniferights wants knife preemption for Michigan this session. It appears that they want to pass the switchblade bill into law and then drop the preemption bill in the senate for passage.

They also want to target 750.227(1) but that won't come until after switchblades and preemption.

Passed out of committee 5-0.

Rick Jones did an outstanding job of explaining why this bill is needed.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast