Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    DATE: Tuesday, May 23, 2017

TIME: 12:00 PM

PLACE: Room 326, House Office Building, Lansing, MI

AGENDA:
    Presentations on Child Custody

SB 245 (Sen. Jones) Weapons; other; spring-assisted knife; allow.

HB 4575 (Rep. LaFave) Civil procedure; costs and fees; fee for publication of legal notice; extend sunset for annual increases for inflation.

I am a Forum User
    SB 0245 of 2017
    Weapons; other; spring-assisted knife; allow. Amends secs. 231 & 237a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.231 & 750.237a) & repeals sec. 226a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.226a).
    Last Action: 5/23/2017 referred to second reading

5/23/2017 Expected in HJ 48 reported with recommendation without amendment
    Huzzah!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

It ain't guns but, it is still awesome!

What exactly does this next step mean? Does this mean it's now on its way to a House Vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Revdrshad View Post
    What exactly does this next step mean? Does this mean it's now on its way to a House Vote?
    This bill has been passed by the Senate, sent to the House and assigned to committee. This last (most recent )step was the House committee reporting ir out of committee and recommending it to the House. This opens it up for second and third reading. If it passes the vote after the third reading, it gets sent to the Governor.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    This bill has been passed by the Senate, sent to the House and assigned to committee. This last (most recent )step was the House committee reporting ir out of committee and recommending it to the House. This opens it up for second and third reading. If it passes the vote after the third reading, it gets sent to the Governor.
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply, Sir.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Revdrshad View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply, Sir.
    Only awesome if Gov. Snyder signs it... or the Legislature feels so strongly that this is a good revision to the law and is needed that they vote to overturn his veto. Gov. Snyder hasn't exactly been friendly to this sort of thing. <fingers-crossed>

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Only awesome if Gov. Snyder signs it... or the Legislature feels so strongly that this is a good revision to the law and is needed that they vote to overturn his veto. Gov. Snyder hasn't exactly been friendly to this sort of thing. <fingers-crossed>
    I would encourage you to call his office and ask if he is going to sign it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    I would encourage you to call his office and ask if he is going to sign it.
    Absolutely DONE. I called to voice my support of the bill and urge the Gov. to sign it, as The People and their duly elected representatives have.

We'll see what happens.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast