Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    They have one session day in July and one in August. Usually, they will just gavel the session in and then end it. Don't expect anything to happen until September. Now that the governor already got his goodies in the budget, there is very little leverage that can be applied to him. I'm not hopeful that we will ever get positive change out of Snyder. Instead of a part time legislature, I'd like a part time governor.

Well it has passed the house and senate, but as near as I can tell it hasn't been placed on Snyder's desk yet. I'm not sure why they haven't sent it yet, but the clock doesn't start ticking until the senate "transmits" the bill to the governor's office. The last entry into the senate journal for this bill was on June 22nd when it was voted on. They have not updated it since then, so I'm guessing that they didn't hit the send button before they ran out the door for summer recess.

They were in session for one day after they passed this bill. I'm sure Senator Meekhoff's office could tell us how long it should take to get this signed.

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    They were in session for one day after they passed this bill. I'm sure Senator Meekhoff's office could tell us how long it should take to get this signed.
    I have done some investigating and correlating information about bills listed in the same journal and ordered "enrolled" as this bill was.

A rough count is 19 passed and ordered enrolled that day. Of those, 5 have been printed, enrolled and presented to the Governor. Those that they made a move on were all about "female genital mutilation", and nothing else has moved.

It appears that the Secretary of the Senate that is the stopper, either a willful act or under direction, we don't know.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by karcent View Post
    We are going to need a big push to convince Governor Snyder to sign SB245, the Bill to repeal the ban on automatic knives, in to law.
    It only takes a minute to send him an email using this form.
    If you haven't already done so, please email him today!

http://www.congressweb.com/KnifeRights/10
    It wouldn't hurt to email him but I don't think he will veto, a lot of knife bills have been signed by anti-gun democrat governors.

The last repeal to be signed was the Colorado governor, the same one who signed the ban on private sales and the 15 round mag limit. And even he signed the switchblade ban repeal.

I am a Forum User
    Long, very infuriating story on TTAK about one parent's nightmare experience dealing with Michigan's unconstitutionally vague knife laws:

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2...gal-nightmare/

....But once the length issue was disposed of, they said his knife wasn’t legal because it was “Spring loaded”… I had to purchase several knives just like my Son’s to bring to the court to show how it worked, along with Case law and a court meeting or two later and that issue was disposed of… Then His knife was called a “Dagger”… More round and round. Eventually the case went away… But not after spending almost 6 thousand dollars in Legal fees to explain the Law to the Police and Prosecutor/ And the case lingered over my Son for His entire Summer break and into the next school year!!
    Sure would like to know what municipality caused him all this aggravation. Would like to use them as an example to enlighten RINO Rick.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Long, very infuriating story on TTAK about one parent's nightmare experience dealing with Michigan's unconstitutionally vague knife laws:

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2...gal-nightmare/

Sure would like to know what municipality caused him all this aggravation. Would like to use them as an example to enlighten RINO Rick.
    I think I know where this took place and I seem to recall talking to the dad about it in court. SMH
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

The bill has now been on the governor's desk for 4 hours.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    The bill has now been on the governor's desk for 4 hours.
    Oh?
    So 13 days and 20 hours left is it?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Oh?
    So 13 days and 20 hours left is it?
    7/12/2017 Expected in SJ 64 PRESENTED TO GOVERNOR 7/11/2017 @ 2:36 PM
    We will know by or before 7/25/2017 @ 2:36 PM.

He has 14 days measured in hours and minutes. He has to sign, veto or let it lay. If he just lets it lay, it becomes law at the expiration of time.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast