Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Anyone else have issues with a vortex venom holding zero?

I have one on my glock 17 and it changes wildly after every shot. Ive tried different mouting screws, loctite etc and nothing seems to help.

Send it in.

I am a Forum User
    More curious if this is a frequent occurrence with them and if anyone here has had personal experience with it. When I bought it all the reviews seemed great, but after some digging I'm seeing a lot of issues related to mounting, specifically on the Glock MOS platform.

It's a chinese optic being beat to hell by the action of a handgun...Not too surprising too hear.

I wouldn't expect the venom to actually hold up to any real abuse mounted to a reciprocating handgun slide...Not that sort of quality optic, IMO.

This is also one reason ATEi mills the optic slot to the actual size of your actual optic(you have to send your optic in with the slide so it can be fit). Fitting your actual optic to your slide leaves no wiggle room for the optic to move and throw your zero off. When I pulled my RMR of a slide ATEi did, I was damn near willing to bet that I could have fired it at least once with the screws out and it would have stayed put(never ACTUALLY tried it..just thought it based on how well the fit was).

That said, I have a Venom. I used it on a 9mm range rifle. It lives on a .22 now. No issues with mine but it also isn't riding atop a reciprocating handgun slide.

Contact Vortex....They seem to stand behind their stuff.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 03-18-2017 at 02:13 PM.

I am a Forum User
    "Just as good as an RMR" lol
    I suggest you get rid of it and buy something that is quality.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    "Just as good as an RMR" lol
    I suggest you get rid of it and buy something that is quality.
    Any recommendations?

I am a Forum User
    Aimpoint micro
    Aimpoint PRO
    Trijicon RMR
    Trijicon MRO

MRO gets my vote. I like the larger objective lense...

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Aimpoint micro
    Aimpoint PRO
    Trijicon RMR
    Trijicon MRO
    On a Glock 17?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member Forum User
    I have the Vortex Viper on a glock 34 MOS. It has had roughly 10-12k rounds through it since the original zero, and it has not lost zero yet.

Do you have a 17, or a 17 MOS? If you have the 17 with a rear sight mount, I would bet the mount is your issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast