Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Anyone ever heard of Mueller Scopes?

Anyone everheard of Mueller scopes? I just saw that they are a MI based company out of Westland, haven't found too many reviews of their products other than mostly Air rifles, seems like decent scope for the money, some have equated them to Leupold, which I question, but any real reviews or users on here?

I haven't owned one but,(here it comes ) a guy I shoot with at the local club has one on a Kimber M82 Gov. and likes it. The scope is variable and tops out at 32X IIRC. I have looked through it at top power and it seems to be clear and bright, and the cross hairs track well according to the owner. I don't know if I'd compare it to a Leupold but, it's a decent scope in its price range from what I have seen.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    You are fine, I'm not like some people on here getting all internet commando, at least you have looked at one, I guess i will find out soon enough, I am just trying to figure out if I wasted my money or not, I bought it online on a whim.

I have a 32x Target Dot on my precision .22 setup. Fantastic scope for the money, packed with features and fairly good quality. It's no leupold or Nikon, but to get the same features and power elsewhere would have cost me 3 fold.

Mine is very clear, bright (I only shoot that rifle in daylight...so moot point), the reticle is crisp, image is clear all the way to the edges with no distortion, and it holds zero. My only gripe is that the clicks on the turrets are a bit vague, but that's minor. Many other people shooting the same kind of shooting I'm doing with this .22 have the same scope and talk highly of it. It's the reason I decided to go with this $250 scope instead of the $750 Leupold I had already budgeted for.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Mueller scopes are one of the best you are going to find under $250.

Before someone challenges me and says Vortex remember their bottom end ones leave a bit to be desired--Vortex midgrade and up are excellent.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Thanks Fuel I ordered the 8.5-24AO I am either gonna use it on my .204R or possible my .308 AR but unsure it will handle the recoil from the .308
    Shyster I agree with you I think Vortex are highly overrated, wasn't too pleased with the clarity of the Vortex scopes.

I am a Forum User
    I have a couple, but not the "shoot to the next xounty" power size.. Mine are the 3-9 and 4-12 with the dot center plex. One gets moved around alot,
    as I put it on many rifles I FIRST acquire, then I decide I havent spent enough money, and buy another scope. lol

IMIHO, they are HIGH END - mid range scopes. Clear, bright and they tend to track well. ( occasionally needing a mild whack after changing up/down or l/r -
    but this is usually just my OCD, and not always the scopes fault.. )

Have one on a dedicated 6.8SPC, and it never tends to leave the weapon.. huh..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by vlmuke View Post
    I just saw that they are a MI based company out of Westland
    I was under the assumption they were German based, with an office and warehouse in Westland. I could be wrong - Either way, they employ Michiganders, so good enough for me. I've looked at their scopes in the past, and they looked good. I just hope they get more reticle choices.

MGO Member
    I have one of the target scopes and it is a great scope, clear glass through all levels of zoom. I've shot it on .22's and a couple AR's.
    http://muelleroptics.com/mu83244td

I inadvertently torture tested it and it held up to a drop onto concrete. Their service is fast and friendly.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DTruck View Post
    I was under the assumption they were German based, with an office and warehouse in Westland. I could be wrong - Either way, they employ Michiganders, so good enough for me. I've looked at their scopes in the past, and they looked good. I just hope they get more reticle choices.
    I thought the same thing, after I ordered it I started looking, backwards I know bought it on a whim, then started looking and there was a video on youtube from a guy in MI using it on a air rifle mentioned that they are Mi based, so IDK for sure either, but sounds like it should be decent enough for the .204

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast