Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    And then I can explain the phenomenon that is the CMP and how once you have your milsurp in hand that there are matches all over the state where you can put them to use and become proficient in such. A glorious endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
    And then I can explain the phenomenon that is the CMP and how once you have your milsurp in hand that there are matches all over the state where you can put them to use and become proficient in such. A glorious endeavor.
    Yes. I bought my first M-1 Garand last year from CMP but have yet to shoot it. My club, Northland Sportsman's Club in Gaylord, has vintage matches on Sundays during the summer. I've often thought about going out there with one of my Finn M-39's or one of my Swedes to give the Garand guys a run for their money. Sadly, the eyes aren't what they used to be, but it could be a lot of fun. And, I've found that the guns I take out there always seem to draw a crowd.
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

And http://forums.gunboards.com as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuedePflow View Post
    You military surplus addicts should check out the Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot coming up in two weeks. It's a great way to spend a weekend.

http://www.knobcreekrange.com/events...hine-gun-shoot
    Wife and I will be there...

I plan on being there too.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I think everyone should have a C&R FFL.
    I am really excited, not sure where to get the C & R guns, but excited none the less.

I will help anyone fill out their paperwork to get an FFL.

If I ever close my businesses, I'll get a C&R for myself. I thought about getting one anyway even though I don't need it.

I am a Forum User
    If for nothing else it gets you better pricing at a few places. Well worth the $30.

Quote Originally Posted by fw0270 View Post
    I am really excited, not sure where to get the C & R guns, but excited none the less.
    You would be surprised at the number of places you can find them. Gun stores that carry military surplus rifles and pawn shops are good places to start. And you are not limited to our state. When you travel, keep a copy of your license with you. Hit the gun stores and pawn shops. Forums like this with Want to Buy or Want to sell threads are very good also. Online auction houses like GunBroker is an option. There are a number of online businesses in Michigan and all over the country that have surplus rifles and pistols as well.

The good thing about having our own thread is that if you find a rifle you are interested in, you can PM one of the more knowledgeable members and share the information and pricing with them to get their advice. You should never publicly post the link to a current offering or auction before it is over. Another member may be watching the item and wish to bid on it. When people "spill the beans" about an offering, more people will rush to the offering. We hate bidding competition for items we really like.

I think a milsurp section on MGO is a good idea. I could careless about AR's,AK's and Glock's.. that's all I see anymore, I hardly visit this forum anymore because of it. Just to add my 2cents on the C&R just make sure you keep records handy and you don't mind the ATF having a look at your book and collection. The C&R was nice to have when milsurp' were coming in left and right but now the prices are getting a little crazy online. It may still be worth it for some people but not for everyone. Do your own research and see if you should get or not.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

Guy's - LOOK WHAT WE HAVE!!!
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/for...rms-Discussion

Now we have a place we can go. So, if you have something Milsurp on your minds, questions, concerns (let's keep politics out of it), new stuff, where's the newest gun show, guns you want to post or just about anything Milsurp, this is the place in Michigan for you. This will be a great place for newer enthusiasts to come and seek advice so they too can become addicted... After all, that is our pledge to newer collectors.

Thanks to Mikeb32 for his assistance and support.

Let's have a good time!

I am a Forum User
    Good to see the new board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast