Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam9er View Post
    The carbine is going back to its "original" stock and rear iron sight as soon as I have time to work on it.

It's not really that bad, kinda like an older sport job.
    I had a Universal Carbine about 30yrs ago, traded it on something forgettable. Never pursued another one.
    Me and several friends discovered the Carbine Cartridge Association out in Somerset Center Mi. '89-'90ish Some flyer at a gun show back when they did not suck.
    They would have shoots, 25yds IIRC, mighta been 50, 4-man teams with either SKS or M1C.
    Each team had to bust 10 water filled yogurt containers hung from strings, fastest one with all done took that round, went for like 3-4 rds.
    Musta been 50yds, either that or we were terrible shots then. This is back when the 1400rd cases of steel core on strippers were $80
    I had a Norinco 20" SKS, carbine guys usually won, until we discovered williams rear peeps for our SKSs. World of difference with a peep, we pulled even.
    They did not allow AR15, old grouchy guy ran it, still was fun.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    It's not really that bad, kinda like an older sport job.
    I had a Universal Carbine about 30yrs ago, traded it on something forgettable. Never pursued another one.
    Me and several friends discovered the Carbine Cartridge Association out in Somerset Center Mi. '89-'90ish Some flyer at a gun show back when they did not suck.
    They would have shoots, 25yds IIRC, mighta been 50, 4-man teams with either SKS or M1C.
    Each team had to bust 10 water filled yogurt containers hung from strings, fastest one with all done took that round, went for like 3-4 rds.
    Musta been 50yds, either that or we were terrible shots then. This is back when the 1400rd cases of steel core on strippers were $80
    I had a Norinco 20" SKS, carbine guys usually won, until we discovered williams rear peeps for our SKSs. World of difference with a peep, we pulled even.
    They did not allow AR15, old grouchy guy ran it, still was fun.
    If the stock didn't come loose after only a couple rounds, I would keep the sporterizerd stock on. I would like to be able to get through a full mag without having to re-secure the stock 3-4 times.
    Last edited by adam9er; 04-18-2017 at 09:41 AM.

I am a Forum User
    deleted, couldn't download pics = old guy!
    Last edited by hammer62; 04-17-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Pictures didnt show up

MGO Member
    Think of it as a SKS on steroids. Same weight, slightly shorter, much better balance, and chambered in 7.62x51. French MAS49/56 much improved Century rework.Name:  MAS1.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  108.5 KB
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User

My LongBranch that I paid $50 for around eight years ago, only the barreled action and butt stock. I gathered the correct parts over time and brought it back to military form.

Picked up the krag at a LGS, good horsetrade.

I am a Forum User
    Glad to see another enthusiast for the MAS 49/56, I enjoy mine. Do you reload for yours?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shuvelrider View Post
    Glad to see another enthusiast for the MAS 49/56, I enjoy mine. Do you reload for yours?
    I reload 7.62x51/.308 for the MAS and a target rifle. I also reload 7.5x54 MAS for a second 49/56 and a MAS36.

Is your 49/56 7.62x51 or 7.5x54?
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by shuvelrider View Post
    My LongBranch that I paid $50 for around eight years ago, only the barreled action and butt stock. I gathered the correct parts over time and brought it back to military form.
    Looks good

I am a Forum User
    Mine is in the correct caliber of 7.5 French. The bolt block is a heavy chunk of metal, I load my shells to the high side of the min/max chart in my book. It cycles very well with the recipe I use. Mine has not been re-arsenaled either. it does not have that oblong circle on the left side of the receiver with the two digits in it.

MGO Member
    I have the usual SKSs, some Mosins etc but my favorite is this pre WWII surplus German training rifle. This is single shot .22 (5.4 mm) trainer fashioned after the Mauser K98. The Nazis set up a consortium to make trainers called Duetches Sports Modell in 1934 which are called DSM34, to train the populace in preparation for future war. The consortium was made up of all the arms manufactures in Germany at the time, Mauser being the biggest and who made the most (hundreds of thousands). Mine was made buy a small relatively unknown company called Menz. They only made 5000, mine being serial number 1000. I've been told by collectors that only a couple dozen survived the war and are known to exist. Mine was brought home by my dad's brother. It still has the original sling and faux cleaning rod.

Bottom side of barrel

Left side of receiver`

And it is still a very accurate rifle.
    Last edited by Garymac; 05-08-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast