Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    So did any of the ' right to carry ' bills pass ?
    No…it passed the House, transferred to the Senate where it was sent to the Committee of Government Operations back in June and has sat ever since.
    And, I believe, that the guy that is the subject of THIS THREAD is the chair of that committee.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    And, I believe, that the guy that is the subject of THIS THREAD is the chair of that committee.
    Well, he waiting for all the planets to line up properly before he proceeds and then it will be very cautiously.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    Well, he waiting for all the planets to line up properly before he proceeds and then it will be very cautiously.
    If I moved this slow at work I would be fired. Time too drain the swamp in Lansing

Nothing should sit this long....either you are ok with it and get the thing on the floor or you're not and get it the hell out, but this waiting in limbo for "the right time" or whatever is crap and the ******* governor should be worried about his job too because he is probably about the get his butt booted too.

Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    Nothing should sit this long....either you are ok with it and get the thing on the floor or you're not and get it the hell out, but this waiting in limbo for "the right time" or whatever is crap and the ******* governor should be worried about his job too because he is probably about the get his butt booted too.
    Meekhof wants something that the supporters of this bill don't want. He is looking to make a trade.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Meekhof wants something that the supporters of this bill don't want. He is looking to make a trade.
    Any clue as to what he wants?

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Any clue as to what he wants?
    No. It would be something popular with the Senate and unpopular with the House. I doubt it is another tax increase. I know Meekhof hates the term limits and had been looking for support in the House, though....

I am a Forum User
    No. It would be something popular with the Senate and unpopular with the House. I doubt it is another tax increase. I know Meekhof hates the term limits and had been looking for support in the House, though....
    I was wondering seeing if it would be terms limits. Nope , keep them this nation as a whole has proven it can't handle unlimited terms. We keep voting in the same people decade in decade out.

Term limits was a constitutional amendment. He would have to get passed by a vote of the people, it is not something the legislature can change on their own.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Term limits was a constitutional amendment. He would have to get passed by a vote of the people, it is not something the legislature can change on their own.
    He will need the House to get it on the ballot. I think he either truly believes we have changed our minds or someone who supports the change has a job waiting for him. Or, he could be holding out for something else, entirely. It is one of those things that we can only speculate until it happens.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast