Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbassist View Post
    Wow, thought I clicked on the wrong thread until the second try. At the risk of derailing a spirited debate, do we know when the house votes on this?
    It has been reported out of committee and placed on the order of second reading. It is more or less up to the House leaders to move it forward. The second reading is when it is open for amendment from the floor. Any amendments must be voted on and a vote to move it up. After that, it is read a third time and then voted on.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    update showing today 4416 ,4418, 4419 has H-1 substitute adopted, 4417 H-2 substitute adopted.

6/6/2017 Expected in
    HJ 53 read a second time
    6/6/2017 Expected in
    HJ 53 substitute H-1 adopted
    6/6/2017 Expected in
    HJ 53 placed on third reading

I am a Forum User
    So if I understand correctly, there is no timeline; the next step happens when someone decides to put it on the agenda, or maybe never?
    Forgive my ignorance of the process, and thanks Roundballer for helping to fill gaps in my knowledge, which you've done in many more threads than I've posted in.

I am a Forum User
    So if I understand correctly, there is no timeline; the next step happens when someone decides to put it on the agenda, or maybe never?
    Forgive my ignorance of the process, and thanks Roundballer for helping to fill gaps in my knowledge, which you've done in many more threads than I've posted in.
    RB is GOOD at that.

I hear tomorrow would be a really good time to call your Representative and express your desire to see this passed out of the House.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    So, if these bills pass and Constitutional Carry as proposed in these bills passes, will they extend the "home" protection to your vehicle and remove the felony CCW charge for having a loaded handgun in your vehicle without a license, as long as you are not prohibited from possessing a firearm?

How about having a loaded long gun in your vehicle? Are they covered also?
    Anyone have an answer to this. The bill clearly states firearm in place of pistol in several spots. Does this indeed mean we can conceal carry rifles or have loaded rifles in the vehicle if this becomes law as is?

So what did they change in Sub H1?
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeto View Post
    So what did they change in Sub H1?
    They added a duty to inform. The penalty goes down and the officer has to ask if you are carrying.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    They added a duty to inform. The penalty goes down and the officer has to ask if you are carrying.
    Duty to inform should be eliminated until they can show PROOF that it does some good.

It is nothing but a "Got ya". The ONLY reason it is in there is to trip up & punish someone for carrying a gun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Duty to inform should be eliminated until they can show PROOF that it does some good.

It is nothing but a "Got ya". The ONLY reason it is in there is to trip up & punish someone for carrying a gun.
    At least it's duty to inform on request and not immediately like it is now for CPL holders. It's a small step in the right direction.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast