Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khicks View Post
    is there any word as to when the committee will have a hearing on these bills
    The committee meets on Tuesday, if it meets. The agenda is posted about twelve hours before the hearing. They may, or may not, accept testimony on the bills being discussed. When the committee meets it may, or may not, follow the agenda. I believe that they are out of session for about three weeks. The only thing we can really do is call every Tuesday morning ((517) 373-6920) and ask Arlan Meekhof's office if he is holding a hearing that day and if our items, HB4416-4419, are on the agenda.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    Right - the issue is that if you have a CPL you must disclose, and if you have no CPL you do not.

I still like this bill because it effectively removes the felony. Another bill later on can easily clean this up because this bill creates justification for the cleanup once it's law.
    How about just ONE bill that does it right to start with. Worthless politicians! Just making more work for themselves (to make them look needed.)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartin View Post
    How about just ONE bill that does it right to start with. Worthless politicians! Just making more work for themselves (to make them look needed.)
    This bill was since amended, IIRC, and notifying the police is now no longer required "Immediately" in either case. Now, if an officer asks "Are you armed?" you must truthfully disclose. http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2017-HB-4417

As it is no longer a crime to carry concealed, it would not be a 5th amendment violation to require the answer.

The penalty is a $100 civil infraction. As there is no longer a CPL to revoke for people, there is no more loss of CPL for failure to disclose, or escalating offenses for repeat failures.

Quote Originally Posted by jmartin View Post
    For years there has been legislation that bundled a bunch of issues together, in hopes of getting the whole thing passed. It never worked. There will always be legislators who vote against an all in one bill because part E is a deal breaker, even though they like part A,B,C, and D.

Breaking down the issues and putting them in separate bills is the way to go. It gives each bill an equal fighting chance on its own merits.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member Forum User
    I was told by Meekhof's office that it will be several weeks before it is discussed due to the budget. I'm skeptical

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger50 View Post
    I was told by Meekhof's office that it will be several weeks before it is discussed due to the budget. I'm skeptical
    I think constitutional carry was sacrificed to get the budget deal.

I am a Forum User
    I emailed Governor Snyder's office a few weeks back. I commemteded that I strongly hoped that he would support these bills. The response was less than encouraging and a lot of run around with nothing concrete. The jist of it was that he was more concerned with the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger50 View Post
    Good work! Now, call them every Monday or Tuesday morning and ask if the committee is meeting and if our legislation will get a hearing and vote. That is the only way to know what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    I emailed Governor Snyder's office a few weeks back. I commemteded that I strongly hoped that he would support these bills. The response was less than encouraging and a lot of run around with nothing concrete. The jist of it was that he was more concerned with the economy.
    Rick Snyder hates us. He won't sign anything pro gun unless he is forced to do it. Please don't vote for candidate that Governor Hurdle endorses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I think constitutional carry was sacrificed to get the budget deal.
    I think Meekhof will sit on this without any bargaining. I don't think he needs any encouragement from Snyder to tank pro gun bills. I don't think he cares about us one way or the other. He's on his way out and I think he is looking to feather his bed with lobbyist cash before he leaves. The pro gun movement doesn't have enough money to offer Meekhof in order to get his support.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast