Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User
    The best and only thing we can do is call Meekhof's office as much as possible. People underestimate powerful people's patience for being badgered. Light that phone up and make the call. Tie up the aides and people answering the senators phone with calls supporting the bill.

Most importantly ask questions and take your time, you should shoot for 5 min of dialogue per phone call and call twice a week, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE IN HIS DISTRICT. They will wear down and do what's necessary to get the dang phone to stop ringing. 100 people calling twice a week for 10 min total is 1000 minutes a week that office will spend answering questions about this one piece of legislation. Get a buddy to make the calls.

The Senate is gone until the twelfth. No love for the gun owners, yet. Call your senator's office and see if they are having any coffee hours or public events so you can talk to them face to face.
    Last edited by luckless; 06-29-2017 at 08:51 AM.

MGO Member Forum User
    With the budget passed there are no more excuses, time for them to get this this bill through committee and on Snyder's desk. I think he will let it sit, neither signing it nor vetoing it which would be a win for gun owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    The Senate is gone until the twelfth. No love for the gun owners, yet. Call your senator's office and see if they are having any coffee hours or public events so you can talk to them face to face.
    Phone calls to your Senator are good. Face to face dialogue is golden.

I am a Forum User
    Is there any new information on this series of bills?

No. They won't be back until September. Now is the time to hunt down your Senator. If they aren't a lame duck, they'll be making public appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    No. They won't be back until September. Now is the time to hunt down your Senator. If they aren't a lame duck, they'll be making public appearances.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    bingo you got it now

So did any of the ' right to carry ' bills pass ?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    So did any of the ' right to carry ' bills pass ?
    No…it passed the House, transferred to the Senate where it was sent to the Committee of Government Operations back in June and has sat ever since.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast