Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revdrshad View Post
    That's the problem... No repeal of disclosure anywhere. No discussion anywhere that I saw. So, to me, it seems like it is maybe setting a non-CPL holder who chooses to conceal, up for failure. And holding a CPL recipient to a higher standard of "Disclosure" (to an LEO), than a non-permit holder.
    See how it all seems contradictory. As mentioned, poorly thought out.

I could be reading it wrong. Thoughts?
    If the non CPL holders don't have a duty to inform, then it would be a good argument for repeal of duty to inform for CPL holders. Judge this legislation on its own merits. If this passes, it won't impose more restrictions in exchange for less, elsewhere. There are no losers if this passes. This bill treats effects everyone, equally.
    Last edited by luckless; 03-30-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Simple, I'll just let my CPL expire, then I wont have a duty to inform anymore.
    A solution that is elegant in its simplicity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Revdrshad View Post
    I appreciate the effort, but it seems like a half hearted attempt... Possibly to prevent a real Constitutional bill from being introduced?

As mentioned, without the needed changes, this could just get people in trouble.

At the least, disclosure needs to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn't read "disclosure" in this bill. Care to point it for me?
    Right - the issue is that if you have a CPL you must disclose, and if you have no CPL you do not.

I still like this bill because it effectively removes the felony. Another bill later on can easily clean this up because this bill creates justification for the cleanup once it's law.

I think one of the key things is a clean simple bill. If we can propose singular changes, per bill, there's very little they can try to amend as opposed to lumping everything we want into one.

Then get it on the Gov. desk regardless of whether he will sign it or not. <--- That seems to be another big hurdle.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    I think one of the key things is a clean simple bill. If we can propose singular changes, per bill, there's very little they can try to amend as opposed to lumping everything we want into one.

Then get it on the Gov. desk regardless of whether he will sign it or not. <--- That seems to be another big hurdle.
    That's going to be my new nickname for Riki Tiki Snyder, "Governor Hurdle".

Until you drive into Ohio, with a concealed gun, and no CPL.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Now that I am retired, I see no reason to go to Ohio.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Wouldn't a Virginia no-res CCW solve that problem and eliminate your duty to notify in Michigan?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Very basic and over simplified: They are removing carry of a loaded pistol as a crime if you are not otherwise prohibited. The BIG problem that Zig pointed out in another thread is that they are not also cleaning up the PFZ mess. Without the CPL, there is no OC exception, and of course no CPL exception.

Well intended, poorly thought out. In my opinion, it should not pass as written. It creates problems for those that haven't read the laws.
    Define this please? Prohibited as in possession? Or as in don't qualify for CPL?

I ask because I can purchase and posses firearms, however I am disqualified for a CPL until 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Define this please? Prohibited as in possession? Or as in don't qualify for CPL?

I ask because I can purchase and posses firearms, however I am disqualified for a CPL until 2019.
    Can you possess a handgun? If so, and this passes, you will be able to possess it in a concealed manner. CPLs will still be available and you will still be disqualified for one until 2019.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast