Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Can you possess a handgun? If so, and this passes, you will be able to possess it in a concealed manner. CPLs will still be available and you will still be disqualified for one until 2019.

Lmao, might as well repeal all requirements for CPL.... What's the point.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Lmao, might as well repeal all requirements for CPL.... What's the point.

The point is to have constitutional carry, but have the option to have a CPL for reciprocity (and NICS Exemption) purposes.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    The point is to have constitutional carry, but have the option to have a CPL for reciprocity (and NICS Exemption) purposes.
    No I mean what's the point of having restrictions on a CPL if we go with anyone can carry that's allowed to possess.

This seems to be half hearted proposal. Baby steps I guess.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    No I mean what's the point of having restrictions on a CPL if we go with anyone can carry that's allowed to possess.

This seems to be half hearted proposal. Baby steps I guess.
    This package of laws literally only removes the MCL 750.227 felony. All other aspects of the law are untouched.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    This package of laws literally only removes the MCL 750.227 felony. All other aspects of the law are untouched.
    Well, at least it's a start I suppose.

I support it... I guess I was just hoping for something "Complete." Not, IMO, half-hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by Revdrshad View Post
    I appreciate the effort, but it seems like a half hearted attempt... Possibly to prevent a real Constitutional bill from being introduced?

As mentioned, without the needed changes, this could just get people in trouble.

At the least, disclosure needs to be removed.
    That's the problem... No repeal of disclosure anywhere. No discussion anywhere that I saw. So, to me, it seems like it is maybe setting a non-CPL holder who chooses to conceal, up for failure. And holding a CPL recipient to a higher standard of "Disclosure" (to an LEO), than a non-permit holder.
    See how it all seems contradictory. As mentioned, poorly thought out.

I could be reading it wrong. Thoughts?
    I support it... I guess I was just hoping for something "Complete." Not, IMO, half-hearted.
    Sounds like a reversal in what, five days?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Sounds like a reversal in what, five days?
    Eh, Not a reversal per se. I'm just disappointed our Reps can't seem to do better. I have no choice but to support it. I will never have a "But" after any kind of "I support guns," statement.

I am a Forum User
    Whom are the authors of this and any gun legislation that is introduced in Lansing getting their direction from? I ask because I tend to agree with Revdrshad's statement "I'm just disappointed our Reps can't seem to do better."

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

But remember, pro gun laws are all part of the fun lobby and paid for by the nra.
    Considering the patchwork and fishnet nature of these laws... I want my member dues back!
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast