Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    This so much. MSP is law enforcement not an executive branch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    Try telling them that. It also doesn't help that half of the republicans lick their boots when they testify with endless accolades about their service and how brace they are etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    Well said. MSP should be charged with enforcing the law not helping to write it.
    Yeah since when was MSP ever on a election ballot to represent the people?

I am a Forum User
    DATE: Tuesday, May 30, 2017

TIME: 12:00 PM

PLACE: Room 326, House Office Building, Lansing, MI

AGENDA:
    HB 4416 (Rep. Hoitenga) Weapons; firearms; certain provisions regarding weapons; repeal.

HB 4417 (Rep. Hornberger) Weapons; firearms; 1927 PA 372; update references.

HB 4418 (Rep. Allor) Weapons; firearms; natural resources and environmental protection act; update references.

HB 4419 (Rep. Cole) Weapons; firearms; sentencing guidelines; update.

SB 333 (Sen. Jones) Courts; business court; types of cases heard by the business court; revise.

SB 223 (Sen. Jones) Law enforcement; records; maintain record for separation of employment; require, and establish that agency is immune from civil liability.

SB 219 (Sen. Green) Weapons; licensing; application process for licensing; modify.

What is SB 219?

Never mind I found it.
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...yist/24324605/

It's been common practice for other state departments to lobby legislators. The records show 16 executive departments have spent a combined $4.8 million on such activities since 2001, the earliest year for which such records are available online. That's more than three times the amount state-worker unions spent on lobbying.
    State departments lobbying

A look at the total amount state departments have spent on lobbying since 2001, the first year for which online records were available.

State Police

$500,817.90
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Channel 4 just reported it has been sent for a vote by the house and senate.
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

It has been reported out of committee but, it has been amended. I'll reserve judgement until I read the new legislation.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    It has been reported out of committee but, it has been amended. I'll reserve judgement until I read the new legislation.

From MOC's facebook page

*** Breaking - Michigan House Committee Passes Constitutional Carry Package. ***
    Moments ago, the Michigan House Judiciary Committee approved HB 4416-4419 by a vote of 6-4 along party lines and sent the bills to the floor with the recommendation they pass.

A few small changes were made in committee. The only one worth noting was a significant change to disclosure. Under the adopted change, disclosure would change to upon request rather than immediate as it is now. Disclosure would also apply to anyone carrying a concealed firearm, not just those "licensed under the act" (MI CPL holders) as it is currently. Lastly, the fine for failing to disclose would be reduced from a $500 fine and 6 month license suspension, to just a $100 fine.

Amendments attempting to require training for anyone constitutionally carrying (a defacto license), attempting to apply the CPL disqualifiers to those constitutionally carrying (incredibly onerous for officers to enforce), and attempting to maintain the current severe disclosure penalties were all NOT adopted.

The bills will now head to the "floor" where they will await a vote from the full Michigan House of Representatives.

This is the time to contact your rep and urge them to support these bill in caucus and on the floor. If you have already contacted your rep, CONTACT THEM AGAIN!
    If you need to find your rep, you may do so here:
    http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/

I am a Forum User
    Didn't see that one coming. Disclose on request, moving in the right direction. NOT ASKED DONT TELL. I like it.

Would that mean directly asked or in earshot as a passenger in a vehicle while its pulled over.

I am a Forum User
    This is the time to contact your rep and urge them to support these bill in caucus and on the floor. If you have already contacted your rep, CONTACT THEM AGAIN!
    If you need to find your rep, you may do so here:
    http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the link I just emailed my State Rep.
    Last edited by mittenman; 05-30-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Didn't see that one coming. Disclose on request, moving in the right direction. NOT ASKED DONT TELL. I like it.

Would that mean directly asked or in earshot as a passenger in a vehicle while its pulled over.
    It took A LOT of effort on the part of MOC to get this accomplished. The NRA helped us on it as well.

The catalyst was that people FINALLY listened to what the MOC legislative team has been saying for years which was that disclosure does not apply to non-residents so if it's ok for an 18 year old from Indiana to carry in MI without disclosing then why can't people here.

This gave leverage because the MSP now realize that they should read the law more carefully and they saw that we were correct.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast