Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    From MOC's facebook page

*** Breaking - Michigan House Committee Passes Constitutional Carry Package. ***
    Moments ago, the Michigan House Judiciary Committee approved HB 4416-4419 by a vote of 6-4 along party lines and sent the bills to the floor with the recommendation they pass.

A few small changes were made in committee. The only one worth noting was a significant change to disclosure. Under the adopted change, disclosure would change to upon request rather than immediate as it is now. Disclosure would also apply to anyone carrying a concealed firearm, not just those "licensed under the act" (MI CPL holders) as it is currently. Lastly, the fine for failing to disclose would be reduced from a $500 fine and 6 month license suspension, to just a $100 fine.

Amendments attempting to require training for anyone constitutionally carrying (a defacto license), attempting to apply the CPL disqualifiers to those constitutionally carrying (incredibly onerous for officers to enforce), and attempting to maintain the current severe disclosure penalties were all NOT adopted.

The bills will now head to the "floor" where they will await a vote from the full Michigan House of Representatives.

This is the time to contact your rep and urge them to support these bill in caucus and on the floor. If you have already contacted your rep, CONTACT THEM AGAIN!
    If you need to find your rep, you may do so here:
    http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/
    Awesome! I can live with this!

MGO Member
    Do we have enough votes(if they finally grow balls) to override a Snyder veto if it comes to it?

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    Do we have enough votes(if they finally grow balls) to override a Snyder veto if it comes to it?
    No

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    This is the time to contact your rep and urge them to support these bill in caucus and on the floor. If you have already contacted your rep, CONTACT THEM AGAIN!
    If you need to find your rep, you may do so here:
    http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/
    Thanks for posting the link I just emailed my State Rep.[/QUOTE]

My rep? HAH!
    I've got whittenberg, the guy who wants to make it easier for guns to be confiscated on the basis of "reasonable cause" rather than "due process".

Maybe I should start a call by saying that I am a person of color... who has been assaulted/threatened by an angry cop who mistook my required declaration of having a CPL and threatened to shoot me. It's 100% true and a great reason why mandatory disclosure is freaking dangerous.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    My rep? HAH!
    I've got whittenberg, the guy who wants to make it easier for guns to be confiscated on the basis of "reasonable cause" rather than "due process".

Maybe I should start a call by saying that I am a person of color... who has been assaulted/threatened by an angry cop who mistook my required declaration of having a CPL and threatened to shoot me. It's 100% true and a great reason why mandatory disclosure is freaking dangerous.
    Wanna trade for Sander Levin?

I'll be call his office this afternoon in support of this package, for all the good it will do!
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    I'll be writing my rep (Hiotenga) and thanking her for this package of bills, and to keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    I'll be writing my rep (Hiotenga) and thanking her for this package of bills, and to keep up the good work.
    Call her. They might be voting today.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Call her. They might be voting today.
    Fantastic idea, which I executed. Ended up on the line with Beth(secretary). I voiced my support for this package of bills. It's was short and sweet not much chit chat, was at the end of my lunch break. I will email later also.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

well, I wasted my time calling whittenberg's voicemail, so you can't say I didn't try.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    So, if these bills pass and Constitutional Carry as proposed in these bills passes, will they extend the "home" protection to your vehicle and remove the felony CCW charge for having a loaded handgun in your vehicle without a license, as long as you are not prohibited from possessing a firearm?

How about having a loaded long gun in your vehicle? Are they covered also?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast