Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member Forum User
    Everybody should learn to shoot with their off hand as well...anyway. So there's that.

But if you are cross dominant, e.g. right handed and left eye dominant, it pays double extra dividends to learn to shoot a rifle with your off hand.

Again, there are exceptions, every situation is different, but the above statement is true more often than not.

I am a Forum User
    Bought a Marlin 795 on Thursday, dry fired a couple of times, and shooting left was VERY awkward for both him and I.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Yup, left handed anything starts that way (for right handed folks at least). On the 795, you do have the last shot hold open lever for mag changes at least. Just reach underneath with the left thumb or index finger and pull the lever down for mag changes. On my Remington 597's, I either reach over or under to bump the charging handle for mag changes depending on the scope setup and my position. You'll find that the way you do things left handed is almost a never a mirror of how you do it right handed. Not just because of the guns controls being on the other side, but just how your body works.

Quote Originally Posted by lurgid View Post
    Bought a Marlin 795 on Thursday, dry fired a couple of times, and shooting left was VERY awkward for both him and I.
    Have you signed up and reserved spots for you and your son?

All of the instructors with Appleseed know what to do to get you and your son going, but you have to participate (with an open mind) to gain the knowledge.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Have you signed up and reserved spots for you and your son?

All of the instructors with Appleseed know what to do to get you and your son going, but you have to participate (with an open mind) to gain the knowledge.
    Just pulled the trigger, and registered! Got my Marlin 795 on Thursday, ammo last week, and sling, tech-sights, and an extra magazine are on their way. I'm very excited.

I am a Forum User
    I’m also cross dominant and am going to try and learn left handed. Anyone have a left AR15 that I could try? I’m thinking of buying one but I want to try one first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12