Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Recommendations on a Safe Movers

I finally bought a safe (a small Mesa because I have a tiny house so I couldn't go with a big one.) So it's only 400-500 lbs.

It's being delivered early next week but they won't bring it into my house.

I'm in the Commerce area. Any recommendations on movers anyone has used and have had good experiences?

Thanks!

Mike & Louis Piano Movers

They helped us out and did great, professional work. Awesome guys, I will use them again in the future. Oh, and the prices are ridiculously low.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Thanks! I feel like a jerk, I realized there was a recent thread on the same topic. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by V1x3nV View Post
    Thanks! I feel like a jerk, I realized there was a recent thread on the same topic. Sorry!
    Not a problem. We are all here to help each other.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by V1x3nV View Post
    Ha! Been there.

I am a Forum User
    I have one that weighs about the same. Me, my wife, and one other have moved it several times. We will actually have to move it again in a couple weeks into our new home.

Get a couple come alongs and strap that puppy to a decent dolly, you will be surprised how easily it is to move around.

This is assuming you dont have to go up or down a flight of stairs.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
    I have one that weighs about the same. Me, my wife, and one other have moved it several times. We will actually have to move it again in a couple weeks into our new home.

Get a couple come alongs and strap that puppy to a decent dolly, you will be surprised how easily it is to move around.

This is assuming you dont have to go up or down a flight of stairs.
    Thanks! No stairs, just two steps up into my house. Maybe I will try that first. then call a company if I get stuck haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In Memoriam Forum User
    Be careful when using a refrigerator dolly to move a heavy safe. I moved a very small, 500 lb safe using one, and when I rolled it across a small portion of carpet, its crushed, and separated the padding underneath the carpet, and I had to replace it, as it left a 4' long groves appearing in the carpet surface. Same for tile, and hardwood floors. Use a dolly with wider pneumatic tires, and lay down plywood, or equivalent, so you don't crack it.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Metro Safe
    30845 John R Rd
    Madison Heights, MI 48071

http://www.metrosafe.com

metrosafe@aol.com

Phone: 248 585-7230

Fax: 248 585-8705

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Be careful when using a refrigerator dolly to move a heavy safe. I moved a very small, 500 lb safe using one, and when I rolled it across a small portion of carpet, its crushed, and separated the padding underneath the carpet, and I had to replace it, as it left a 4' long groves appearing in the carpet surface. Same for tile, and hardwood floors. Use a dolly with wider pneumatic tires, and lay down plywood, or equivalent, so you don't crack it.
    Oh no, does that mean it will crack my floor it sits on? I'm putting out in a corner of a bedroom

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast