http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/

Found this as an interesting read recently, lots of interesting information about the marketing, UL rating stuff, and how safes are made. Not sure if anyone else has read any of his material but he definitely had some interesting recommendations and notes. My early firearms experience always had storage behind thick bank grade vault doors, and later when it is time to store my own, am now finding in the marketing schemes and ploys of the box companies a distinct lack of information and specifics a lot of "our product is better because of" followed by a lot of useless information that couldn't be used to compare to another company.

Thought I'd bring this up, a quick but not very thorough search didn't bring this webpage up so I thought I'd bring it up as a topic of discussion. I know on one hand there's the "if its not 132182!3#6 inches thick on all 6 sides its not worth anything" and on the other hand there's the "a deterrent is enough" but I'm also interested in what he points out with the fire ratings being garbage on most box company safes.

I figure at worst, having been a salesman in the past "an educated buyer is typically the satisfied buyer" make your own decisions kind of thing, especially where long run cases might include having to put such safes to the test.