Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Who uses these bolts on their gas keys?

Any idea who the MFG is that's using these spline like bolt heads on their gas keys?
    Specs on the BCG what seem to be that of a quality built BCG. MPI tested bolt, proper milspec steel for carrier, bolt, extractor, etc.
    Generic other than the bolt is etched MPI.

Any ideas?

MGO Member
    I'd love to know also.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    I'd love to know also.
    Never seen b4

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Look a lot like the OCKS gas key screws Ned Christiansen developed and believe they are (or a knockoff).
    For those who don’t know Ned, he’s one of the top 1911 gunsmiths in the world and is actually located in Three Rivers http://www.m-guns.com
    Shoot him an email with the pic. He can steer you in the right direction.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    It was more out of curiosity than anything. I came to the same conclusion after some searching around who was using OCKS type bolt heads.
    A couple of the major OEM's tinker with them once in a while. As do a few private labels. Flash in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    It was more out of curiosity than anything. I came to the same conclusion after some searching around who was using OCKS type bolt heads.
    A couple of the major OEM's tinker with them once in a while. As do a few private labels. Flash in the pan.
    Would disagree on the flash in the pan. They serve a good purpose of allowing the stake to get better purchase on the screw head. You just have to give it time for manufacturers to run through the millions of screws they have in stock before they are going to switch.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Would disagree on the flash in the pan.
    no no no..... sorry... 'flash in the pan' in my thought / process / chasing it down, etc.
    I researched it, found what I was looking for, and moved on.

We both agree that they serve a great purpose and solve a problem. Particularly in mass produced dime a dozen bcg's.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    no no no..... sorry... 'flash in the pan' in my thought / process / chasing it down, etc.
    I researched it, found what I was looking for, and moved on.

We both agree that they serve a great purpose and solve a problem. Particularly in mass produced dime a dozen bcg's.
    Ah, gotcha.