Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Guys, the deal is not confirmed:

"There are 86,000 or so M1s hopefully coming back to the Army. We hope to see them in the future."

But I remain hopeful.

I want!
    "My gun is not illegal, it's just undocumented!"

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Yes, I believe that our membership counts for the CMP.
    That is how I found MGO several yrs ago...I had a list of affiliates from CMP and MGO was on it.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    This is good news.
    Still not sure I'd use one. I WANT one, but it would probably just sit in the safe.
    I feel the same way ... but everyone needs to own a Garand .... don't we? Another problem for me will be it adds another caliber to the fold so I'll just have an extra couple thousand rounds of ammo that I won't ever shoot.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Pond Scum View Post
    Another problem for me will be it adds another caliber to the fold
    Not if the rifle just stays in the safe. No need!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    What's the purpose of buying a Garand if you're not going to shoot it? They're a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Is MGO an affiliate of CMP?
    Yes We are.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I'd love to buy one of these Garands! How would one go about doing so? I'd want a shooter, not just a safe queen!
    Regards,
    Costanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Not if the rifle just stays in the safe. No need!
    That is very logical .... but what does logic have to do with it? I have 2K of 7.62 x 39 for an SKS that I never shot and then sold...... so I had to buy a Radical Firearms AR pistol chambered for the ammo .... still haven't shot that yet either. And I have 1 or 2k of 8mm for a Mauser I haven't shot, and 2 of the 880 round spam cans for my Mosin that I haven't shot. What good is a rifle if you don't have any ammo for it?

So, maybe I better stock up on some 30.06 so I'll be ready when this batch of Garands comes home to the USA!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast