Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Looking to purchase my first ar-15.

I have two potential choices so far. Opinions and reviews of each rifle are welcomed.

1. The Springfield Armory Saint

2. The BG Defense Type A SIPR carbine

I am a Forum User
    If I remember correctly that BG was a bit on the heavy side. I can't find the specs for weight but I remember seeing it was around 8lbs. If you're looking at $1400 have you considered a Daniel Defense or for just under $1000 a Colt 6920? As for the Saint, I think it's overpriced at $800. I'd rather see it at $650 or so.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Might be helpful to know your level of experience with the platform and it's intended use. Hunting? Home defense? Plinking? Competing? SHTF?

If you're not sure why you want one yet, there are (too many) plenty of entry level options from DPMS, Smith & Wesson, PSA, Stag.....for less than the SA Saint. Maybe try one of those, see what works for you (stocks, sights, controls, triggers, etc) or what doesn't and then decide which rifle is ideal for you.

Banned
    I second the 6920, I just picked up a NIB one with Magpul for $750

I am a Forum User
    For $1000 I can get you into a sweet custom with full Cerakote the color of your choice, better trigger, free float 15" rail, black nitride BCG, good barrel, mag and case.

Banned
    Looks like the answer ^

I am a Forum User
    For what it's worth I have a BG Defense MRD 16 Hex carbine and I absolutely love it. The trigger in the SIPR is actually better (IMO) than the Geiselle Super Semi Trigger (SSA) that they put in the MRD. I'm waiting for them to sell the SIPR trigger separately so I replace the SSA in the MRD. Excellent guns, and the guys who own the place are awesome to deal with.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by i64X View Post
    For what it's worth I have a BG Defense MRD 16 Hex carbine and I absolutely love it. The trigger in the SIPR is actually better (IMO) than the Geiselle Super Semi Trigger (SSA) that they put in the MRD. I'm waiting for them to sell the SIPR trigger separately so I replace the SSA in the MRD. Excellent guns, and the guys who own the place are awesome to deal with.
    Do you know the weight before adding anything extra?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004 View Post
    Might be helpful to know your level of experience with the platform and it's intended use. Hunting? Home defense? Plinking? Competing? SHTF?

If you're not sure why you want one yet, there are (too many) plenty of entry level options from DPMS, Smith & Wesson, PSA, Stag.....for less than the SA Saint. Maybe try one of those, see what works for you (stocks, sights, controls, triggers, etc) or what doesn't and then decide which rifle is ideal for you.
    I'm in the same boat as the thread originator. Wondering what people think of the S&W M&P offering. I think a local gun store was selling them for $600.