Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

My French Family

Have a thing for French rifles. Good shooters all.

Top- Mas49/56 in original 7.5x54. Scope mount is a K-Var, no longer available, with a Nikon variable on top. Only changes are a variable gas valve and lightened trigger- both reversable.

Middle-Mas49/56 in 7.62 NATO. This is a "fixed" Century conversion with new, full length recoil spring, adjustable gas valve, modified extractor, polished chamber and lightened trigger. Scope mount is a S&K with a TacticalII variable scope. The mount is so high overbore (thus the cheek riser set up) that you can disassemble the action without removing the scope.

Bottom- Late production (FH series) Mas36.

Name:  MAS2.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  88.9 KB
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Very nice! My French rifles are the older WWI types.

I am a Forum User
    Always liked how quick the 36 is to should and fire off several rounds...nice

MGO Member
    Yes, they look funny. However, well balanced, handy, quick- short bolt throw. Can't appreciate them till you shoot one.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Nice...were they all sold as never fired and only dropped once

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Nice...were they all sold as never fired and only dropped once
    You're "joke" is both insulting and stupid. Might want to check how many Garands the Americans never fired and dropped at the Kasserine Pass. Check French military causalities in WW1 and WW2 against those of the U.S. You might thank your freedom to
    the French troops that fired and didn't drop their muskets at Yorktown.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat12 View Post
    You're "joke" is both insulting and stupid. Might want to check how many Garands the Americans never fired and dropped at the Kasserine Pass. Check French military causalities in WW1 and WW2 against those of the U.S. You might thank your freedom to
    LOL, I take it you’re French
    Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities

Quote Originally Posted by wombat12 View Post
    Should I be offended by the bold ?

Nice guns.

Do you know why there are so few french guns here, handguns included.

We get english rifles, belgian everything, czech guns, german, austrian, swiss, italian, spanish, portugese. turkish, serbian, croatian, romanian, slovenian.

I am not aware of any in the 80s uo to currently.

to be fair I think the french shot down 1/3 of the Luftwaffe, they did seem to roll over pretty quick, but then the resistance put up a good fight. Seems more like a lot of the early countries rolled so as to preserve themselves. So france was not unique.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    to be fair I think the french shot down 1/3 of the Luftwaffe, they did seem to roll over pretty quick, but then the resistance put up a good fight. Seems more like a lot of the early countries rolled so as to preserve themselves. So france was not unique.
    1/3 of the Luftwaffe? Would you mind telling me where I could find that information?

Regarding the joke that ruffled some feathers, I find it suspect that the most famed French military unit is manned by foreigners. And Yorktown? Really? I do believe that it was the French monarchy that helped us out then and not the French people. The government that we owe any thanks to no longer exists. Since when do we count casualties as a method of determining who helped whom? Does WW I end as it did without our involvement? How about the second time around?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast