Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat12 View Post
    You're "joke" is both insulting and stupid. Might want to check how many Garands the Americans never fired and dropped at the Kasserine Pass. Check French military causalities in WW1 and WW2 against those of the U.S. You might thank your freedom to
    the French troops that fired and didn't drop their muskets at Yorktown.
    And you should look carefully for example at the underlying reason why half a million British soldiers were killed or wounded in Flanders during 1917.

Let me give you a hint. The French soldiers were, to all intents and purposes, on strike. Rather than all out mutiny they had agreed with their officer corps, (largely Petain himself), that they would not abandon their trenches but that they would not partake in any offensive actions until their grievances were addressed. This meant that there was a huge weak point in the allied front and it fell to the British under General Hague, (widely blamed for his stupidity in constantly attacking the Germans), to keep the Germans occupied so they couldn't move divisions opposite the French sector and exploit the weakness they presented.

So, you see, French military history was, yet again, tarnished. I won't mention Agincourt where the English and Welsh were outnumbered as much as six to one and gave the French a severe thrashing...

There is a good reason that the most decorated and highly respected arm of the French military is the French Foreign Legion.

For your edification, stereotypes, especially those that lead to humor, are generally based on a pattern of behaviour that has been observed over time, the French being "cheese eating surrender monkeys" has it's basis in such observation and you can be as offended as you like but all it does is make you look a little precious.

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    LOL, I take it you’re French
    Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities

Ooooo, we're resorting to making fun of the French now, how original. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by MichMass View Post
    1/3 of the Luftwaffe? Would you mind telling me where I could find that information?

Regarding the joke that ruffled some feathers, I find it suspect that the most famed French military unit is manned by foreigners. And Yorktown? Really? I do believe that it was the French monarchy that helped us out then and not the French people. The government that we owe any thanks to no longer exists. Since when do we count casualties as a method of determining who helped whom? Does WW I end as it did without our involvement? How about the second time around?
    I did not bring up yorktown, someone else did.

I agree and the help was to spite the brits, not out of benevolence, or values, it was pure hate of the brits.

ill have to search on the luffwaffe numbers it was a factoid on a story that was basically, the french arent great, but they are not really as bas as we make them out to be.

MGO Member
    No, I am not French. I'm Welsh, Scottish and English on both sides of my family as far back as can be traced.
    The average French soldier is as brave as any other when well led. Unfortunately, they have been poorly led most of the time. In May of 1940,
    the French had more and better tanks than the Germans. Two Panzer Divisions were actually issued Czech tanks. However, the French tanks (with the exception of a single Armored Division) were scattered among the Infantry Divisions. As with every other army at the time, they were assuming for a repeat of WWI, and had no answer for the German mobile tactics.

As for the availability of French guns, the French refurbish and hold replaced arms in reserve against future need. Quite a few (MAS36, MAS36/51, MAS44, MAS49, and MAS49/46) were imported in the 80s and early 90s. The rest were destroyed under EU policy.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

i have seen surplus mas of course, i just meant 1980s to preset france was and is still an industrial top tier if not a leader, but no french new guns here.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Ooooo, we're resorting to making fun of the French now, how original. Bravo.
    Ehhh, it’s so easy

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat12 View Post
    No, I am not French. I'm Welsh, Scottish and English on both sides of my family as far back as can be traced.
    The average French soldier is as brave as any other when well led. Unfortunately, they have been poorly led most of the time. In May of 1940,
    the French had more and better tanks than the Germans. Two Panzer Divisions were actually issued Czech tanks. However, the French tanks (with the exception of a single Armored Division) were scattered among the Infantry Divisions. As with every other army at the time, they were assuming for a repeat of WWI, and had no answer for the German mobile tactics.

As for the availability of French guns, the French refurbish and hold replaced arms in reserve against future need. Quite a few (MAS36, MAS36/51, MAS44, MAS49, and MAS49/46) were imported in the 80s and early 90s. The rest were destroyed under EU policy.
    All soldiers are not the same...how they act and perform is a reflection of their culture

The French had the best tank in WW I. The Renault FT 17.

“The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeto View Post
    The French had the best tank in WW I. The Renault FT 17.

Is that the French tank with twleve gears? One that goes forward and eleven that go in reverse?

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast