Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

HB 4554 firearm registration

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg....e=2017-HB-4554
    Weapons; concealed; entering a pistol in the pistol entry database; allow. Amends secs. 2 & 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.422 & 28.422a).
    Last Action: 5/2/2017 referred to Committee on Judiciary
    Last edited by Tallbear; 05-03-2017 at 08:19 AM.

All in all, not a bad bill.

Pro:
    Removal or the requirement and the associated penalty to turn in the MSP copy of the RI-010 or RI-060 after the completion of the transfer.
    Addition of language that the MSP shall remove an individuals' records from the database upon request and give written notification of completion.
    Remove any option to not issue an RI-010, as in "A licensing authority shall issue a license" and force them to sign the applications as "The licensing authority shall sign any license issued under this section."

Con:
    Missing the perfect opportunity to remove the "under oath" language that forces the Notary on the RI-010.
    Changing the SHALL to MAY for requests to provide printouts of individuals' records from the database.

A bill worth our support.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    WOW....

Too many good bills, whats going on here?

Well if it doesn't get messed up in comity, the Governor surely won't sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    WOW....

Too many good bills, whats going on here?

Well if it doesn't get messed up in comity, the Governor surely won't sign it.
    Maybe Calley will sign it while the Governor is on some junket to China. He might like to do one conservative thing before the primaries.

I am a Forum User
    I see all these bills introduced. When do they actually get voted on?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic103 View Post
    I see all these bills introduced. When do they actually get voted on?
    You can use the link provided in th OP to track the bill's progress. This one is in the house judiciary committee. If your state rep is on that committee, call his office and ask them while voicing your support for this bill. You may want to contact the chairman of the committee if your rep isn't on it.

we need to vote for a candidate that will

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    You can use the link provided in th OP to track the bill's progress. This one is in the house judiciary committee. If your state rep is on that committee, call his office and ask them while voicing your support for this bill. You may want to contact the chairman of the committee if your rep isn't on it.
    https://www.bridgemi.com/public-sect...an-legislature

MGO Member
    I mentioned getting rid or registration yesterday to my rep. I dont think he even heard me.

One other gentleman who stopped to see him asked about all the water Nestle was taking and selling. He talked for 10+ min on that subject.

I am a Forum User
    Republican Senator Rick Jones introduced his version of pistol purchase legislation yesterday: SB 1048. Jones requires all sellers to:

.....electronically submit, at the time of the sale or transfer, a record of the sale or transfer to the Department of State Police, in a manner prescribed by the Department of State Police. The record must include all of the information required in subsection (2) for each pistol sale or transfer submitted....
    Senator Jones probably should entitle this legislation: "The Widows and Heirs Incarceration Act". While a conventional pistol seller will probably know enough to comply, blue haired 80 somethings selling their late spouses' pistols will find their new responsibility daunting. Many are still not on line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast