Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member Forum User

Just bought my first AR and New to the area looking for some education

I'm a sad case of a shooter in a new area with no shooting buddies so the range is awful lonely sometimes. Anyways I mostly have shot handguns and hunting rifles in the past. I'm looking for someone that would maybe want to sit down, talk about the AR platform, maintenance tips, lubricants, rookie mistakes etc. I live in Lake Orion and my name is Josh 248-760-6028.

I also would like to find some guys to shoot with so send me a text or message.

There's a few of us in Lake Orion/Oxford who have a little knowledge of the platform. I'll be heading to the pit next week sometime to sight in a new one.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

While you're looking for somebody to help...
    start reading https://info.publicintelligence.net/...anceManual.pdf
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    While you're looking for somebody to help...
    start reading https://info.publicintelligence.net/...anceManual.pdf
    WHOA! ��
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin48 View Post
    WHOA! ��
    yeah, i've been doing a lot of reading on building them for a while. Mostly it was just lowers that I put together with prebuilt uppers, but recently i've started moving into handguards, which requires changing barrel nuts too.. so last week I took the pile of hand-tight parts I had for a good rifle and used the building bench at Pointe Trap & tactical for about 2 hours, tore it all down, and put it all back together into a finished rifle. if I can get off the couch, i'm headed up to Double Action to see how it fires on their ~50yd indoor range.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    I've done many classes with Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute (MDFI). The owner and main trainer Erik Utrecht (Trek) has a great, real-life, balanced approach. He is truly a teacher at heart. The classes are "bite-sized" and focused on manageable amounts of focused content. trainmdfi dot com and on Facebook under MDFI (education).

I am a Forum User
    Check out some of the outdoor ranges like Pontiac Lake Rec range, and Island Lake. Send me a PM a few days in advance if you're heading to Pontiac lake and want a shooting buddy. Always happy to meet and talk with people that enjoy the sport of rec shooting.

I am a Forum User
    Local Tactical shop in Ann Arbor is a good store for accessories.

MGO Member Forum User
    Do you have something that goes into a little more detail?
    Last edited by midwestfisherman; 11-20-2018 at 09:48 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I get the vast majority of my shooting done when the range is lonely. Love it when a lot of the guys are here, but then I don't get much shooting done, as we're constantly BSing. If I'm by myself, which is most of the time, I never spend more than a couple hours, and generally fire a couple hundred rounds. I was there once with a slew of club members, for over 5 hours, and fired less than 50 rounds.