Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

M1 Garand Grenade Launcher History

The M1 I bought about a month ago had the two drill holes on the original stock for the grenade launcher sight. I bought a sight and during assembly I noticed my stock had two hairline cracks. I took it over to D&D Gunsmiths for them to repair, and one of the guys there mentioned that typically most of the Garands that had the sight installed were in the Pacific theater.

Can anyone verify that? I've been Googling all morning and can't find any real history behind it.

MGO Member Forum User
    Sent you a message.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by blackflht05 View Post
    Sent you a message.
    Why so secretive. I'm sure a lot of people are interested in this.

I am a Forum User
    The M7 series grenade launcher's development had such a checkered history that it saw very limited use during WW II. The M1 grenade launcher on the M1903 Springfield was used some by the Marines, but I can't remember any narrative of grenade launching using the M-1 Garand during WW II, beyond training.

A late version of the M7 grenade launcher was used extensively in Korea with the Energa (M28) anti tank grenade when the bazooka proved impotent against the T-34 tank. Rifle launched Energas would come down on top of the T-34 where its armor was thinnest and destroy the tank, while bazooka rounds hit the side with little effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Why so secretive. I'm sure a lot of people are interested in this.
    I hate that. Ask a question, and get a PM. I never reply to those.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.