Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VX-2 CDS

I am a Forum User

VX-2 CDS

Anyone have hands on experience?

I don't know that I really need the CDS but i think i found one for a good price and only about $15 more than standard VX2. I just don't want something moving around when hunting. I can't tell how that would work out.

Info is confusing on Leopold site as to if you get one free custom dial. Site says something about one free for VX3 and 70 for others. Other info looks like all CDS scopes get one free.

You get one free with a vx2. I put one on my 450 bushmaster and it's great. Zero at 100, crank the dial to the proper range for any thing over that. No more hold over or Kentucky windage. A range finder is nice to have to dial in the exact distance.

I am a Forum User
    Do you have a zero stop once you put on the custom dial? Does the windage dial have a cover? Do you think the adjustment stay in place reasonably well in hunting situation when you're moving the gun around and carrying it and all that?

I am a Forum User
    I switch from reading online reviews and information to watch YouTube videos. I figured out the caps and that it does have a zero stop on the custom dial. I'm going to order one and give it a try.

I am a Forum User
    I'm currently waiting for my CDS to arrive for my vx3i. I have my 450 bushmaster zeroed at 125. I'm very anxious to test the dial at further distances to see how accurate it is.
    And I am hoping for not needed to hold over as well.

I am a Forum User
    I'm waiting for mine also. I actually just got an email update on it yesterday or the day before. Looks like it'll be here in a few more weeks. Now I just need to figure out where I want to go to try to really test it out over longer ranges. My 450 Bushmaster is shooting MOA at 100 yards with ease. I'm really curious to see what it'll do as I start shooting it out further. I don't normally set up where my shots will be much over 150 yards. I'm not real concerned about getting it all figured out for this deer season, but it'll sure be nice to spend some time shooting it over the next year and have some longer range shooting options in the future.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Need2Shoot View Post
    I'm currently waiting for my CDS to arrive for my vx3i. I have my 450 bushmaster zeroed at 125. I'm very anxious to test the dial at further distances to see how accurate it is.
    And I am hoping for not needed to hold over as well.
    It will be just as accurate as the information that ypu provide Leupold with. Give them the ballistic coefficient, bullet weight, and the actual velocity (fps) of ammo fired from your gun along with other info and the dial will be setup correctly.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Twister View Post
    It will be just as accurate as the information that ypu provide Leupold with. Give them the ballistic coefficient, bullet weight, and the actual velocity (fps) of ammo fired from your gun along with other info and the dial will be setup correctly.
    That's what I'm hoping for! I am also curious to how this rifle groups at longer ranges.

MGO Member
    I had one but returned it. The idea is great and I have heard good results. I did not like th windplex reticle at all. I could barely see the hash marks and the cross hairs were really thin. I prefer just setting my scopes for point blank range and leave it at that. The vx2 is pretty nice glass. I think I will go with the duplex.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmasters View Post
    I had one but returned it. The idea is great and I have heard good results. I did not like th windplex reticle at all. I could barely see the hash marks and the cross hairs were really thin. I prefer just setting my scopes for point blank range and leave it at that. The vx2 is pretty nice glass. I think I will go with the duplex.
    I agree with you on the windplex. My VX2 CDS is the duplex. I think there are one or two other less known options as well. I got my CDS for the same if nor less than standard VX2. I also agree on setting for max point blank range, but I like the option time permitting to dial in at the longer distances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast