Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Magazine Storage?

Looking for some suggestions on a good way to store a lot of magazines? All the pistols are locked up, I like to use the pistol racks that are foam, and have the handguns
    standing up. All is good. But, with 3-5 Magazines for each one, and a decent number of guns..... how do you all store all the magazines? Many of them looks the same.
    Have made the mistake of going to the range with the wrongs ones more than once. (embarrassing, but willing to admit it!)

So, who has some good organization ideas? Does not have to be in the safe/cabinet. I don't keep most of them loaded.

Thanks for any good ideas!!

I am a Forum User
    Mine go in ammo cans that are marked with the appropriate signage for the gun to which they belong.

MGO Member
    I bought a pocketed shoe rack type of storage thing you hang on the back of a door then bought tags I hung on each pocket for the mgs I put in it. Put the mags in the pockets added the tags, in alphabetical order, an pull and replace as used.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    I bought a pocketed shoe rack type of storage thing you hang on the back of a door then bought tags I hung on each pocket for the mgs I put in it. Put the mags in the pockets added the tags, in alphabetical order, an pull and replace as used.
    I like it!

I am a Forum User
    I keep extra mags in plastic containers purchased at Wally World, then put them in a file cabinet.
    These are for my S&W 4500 series pistol.

I have some home made shelving units I keep my ammo boxes, mags, etc. organized on. These end up being 12"x12" cubes. Added some dividers. I use stick to itself Velcro. Can buy it in a roll. Pretty cheap. Can leave the mags loaded if you want, stay together great for range trips too.

Little round stickers work great for identifying each mag. Can get those at any office supply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    A paint marker for magazine ID, just write on the side caliber, make and model. Magnetic strips mounted wherever you please and attach mags to the strips.

I am a Forum User
    I store rifle mags in one of these
    Z-Ituyfo5oy.JPG

and pistol mag/spare parts in one of these
    Z2Izwyfo5oy.JPG

MGO Member
    I store my magazines & books too on the radiator in the bathroom. I learn a lot in there.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by flylo View Post
    I store my magazines & books too on the radiator in the bathroom. I learn a lot in there.
    Where do you keep your clips?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast