Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    was it in the showcase like this? as long as ive been in this industry i have seen firearms come in rough shape before. IT DOES happen.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by FxMM87 View Post
    was it in the showcase like this? as long as ive been in this industry i have seen firearms come in rough shape before. IT DOES happen.
    It was ordered in from whoever to be a new in box revolver. I could have taken the display model but it was in rough shape too.

I am a Forum User
    After I spend who knows how many hours trying to clean the bore it will be for sale in the pistol listings. I'll need the cash to fund the replacement Uberti pistols. I may redirect a few dollars to a williams bash web page to help warn future customers to stay away from them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by donkee View Post
    After I spend who knows how many hours trying to clean the bore it will be for sale in the pistol listings. I'll need the cash to fund the replacement Uberti pistols. I may redirect a few dollars to a williams bash web page to help warn future customers to stay away from them.
    Well like I said, I learned to stay away and your story just makes me know I made the right decision.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    Well like I said, I learned to stay away and your story just makes me know I made the right decision.
    The one good thing to come of this is I won't be buying from them again and I used to recommend them to others, but no more. I will also do my best to get the word out so that others will avoid them like the plague.

I have had no problems with other purchases from them and have spent a big chunk of cash there (about 4k) in the last few years alone and had another $2800 planned for the next year to 18 months. Not another dime goes to them. It is Cabelas or internet orders shipped to Global Military for pickup. Actually in I think 2009 I ordered a CZ-70 from Century and had it shipped to Ken. He called to let me know it was in but that I might not like it. The "excellent condition" CZ-70 was mint on the top side and looked like the surface of the moon on the other. In the box it was great, out of the box not so much. But I went and looked at it anyway. Century swapped it out for a decent condition one.

I am a Forum User
    Some good news! Using a brand new 50 caliber brush, 1300 strokes, and 120 patches soaked with Barnes CR-10 I actually have lands and grooves! The brush didn't make it though....
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/983064...posted-public/

MGO Member
    I bought a matched pair of sass revolvers from ruger. Stainless steel they were obviously test fired out of every chamber, lots of black carbon; however that was the way they came direct from the factory. I ordered these through Guns Galore.

I'm not defending Williams at all...imo their gun prices are higher than GG so I've never actually bought a gun there just sharing my experience

I am a Forum User
    I guess as far as barrels needing cleaning on new guns, I have never had to run more than a half dozen patches and a couple swipes with a brush to get them clean. The Barnes I bought for an old Winchester single shot gallery rifle that someone threw in my dumpster when I gutted the kitchen. That thing was missing the stock and hardware and appeared to have no rifling left. After the barns and a couple days I actually started seeing rifling again. Never did find out who put it in there. That project will get finished one of these days, been 7 years since I got it, too many other project guns to work on.

The Vaquero has all the signs of someone using it for a season of CAS with no cleaning, it looks like it was disassembled to do some "improvements", and in very used condition. The only gun i ever "improved" was my springfield milspec 1911, actually two of them. Once was a graduation present for my son. They both needed the titanium firing pins replaced due to FTFs, 3 on every mag in mine and 5 on my sons. After the replacement they are both 100%. Other than those two every firearm I have is 100% stock not counting spring replacement when they start to wear.

I have bought and sold enough new and used guns over my 50 years to know a used one from a new one. Just wish my eyesight would improve, but seems to be getting worse every year. I'll end up with 2" thick glasses one of these days......

My biggest problem with williams is that a "gunsmith" should know a used gun when he sees it and to lie right to my face like that just pisses me off no end. I would have spent a whole lot of money with them but they got what they wanted, they ripped me off to the tune of about $300 but it cost them thousands in future business from me alone. Then you can count on anyone else asking my opinion of them to be negative. I'll recommend GG or cabelas. I did get some decent deals from williams in the past but that is just on guns. Primers, bullets, etc it is cheaper for me to drive to saginaw or dundee to pick those up, I'll just buy things like primers in 5k batches to make up for the gas.

Ruger is kinda ****** cause I didn't ask them to fix the gun, I wanted to get their opinion on the condition and see what they could do to help me get what I paid for, a new Vaquero. I'll call them today and ask for any info they have on it's manufacture date and what history they may have on it that they can actually give me.

I've never had a problem with Williams.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast